IGNORED

Pillow Top or Corbin??

Yammer Dan

Started out with the pillowtop and liked it just fine, never had any comfort problems, but after sitting on RiderDukes corbin, I liked how much closer to the ground I was. I did about 850 miles one day on mine and would have had no trouble doing a 1000. The seat does take awhile to break your ass into it:yikes:

Craig

I bought a Corbin for my RSMV ... it hurt my butt and back so much I could hardly finish a 5 hr ride ... sold it and went back to stock (not the pillow top). Even that stock RSMV seat would start to cause me butt and back problems after a long day (8 hrs or more).

Now, this Vic seat.... wow! I can ride 10, 12 hrs in a day and feel fine.

Dan I have had the Corbin and could not ride three hours without butt and back trouble. Went back to stock and it was much better, but wanted to try another seat. I got a Saddleman Roadsofa. Then a friend gave me his Pillow tops off his bike and that is what I will stay with, they are the best that fits my arse.

Russell Day Long. You will never think of a Corbin again.

RR

Totally agree. Had the pillow top for several years and liked it the first few years. Then it seemed to 'go bad' and wasn't comfortable. Sent to Russell Day Long for re-work. Couldn't be happier. Some may not like the way the Day Long looks, but I'm most concerned with comfort. For long rides you'll never regret having a Day Long seat.

Stock seat off one of those 1st Gens ya got sittin there bro, problem solved!! Lots of advantages - your butts already formed in that shape, the seats already formed to your butt AND putting any 1st Gen parts on your 2nd Gen is definitly gonna make er faster:happy65:

Wonder if anyone has tried that yet:confused24:

I LOVE the looks of those pillow tops too - real pretty!! Hey, why dont cha keep an eye on Craigs/Ebay and see if you can find one on the cheap?? I know one thing, I wouldn't swap out nuttin till I put a couple thousand miles on it if it were mine,, may find that you and Don have the same size back side:crackup::stickpoke:

I bought a corbin combo seat and backrest a couple of months ago for 2 reasons. Looks and lower seat height. It was and is hard as a a horse saddle. My butt is just now getting use to it. I ride on average 6 days a week to and from work . As it stands right now, if I were to go on an extended trip (400- 500 miles) I would most definitely put the pillow tops back on.

Actually...

If your really interested in longer distance rides, +500 mi per day your going to have to tweak the bike to fit you.

I personally find the pillow top much more preferable to a mustang seat as the mustang is to hard, like corbins. Rode a bike across the US with the mustang seat and my tailbones were so sore I had to buy an Airhawk to make the trip back.

May also need to install risers or handle bars so your not bending forward to them, arms need to be slightly bent with your back straight.

Then add a utopia backrest and Kuryakyn foot pegs...

I've gotta be careful on mine, because I could almost fall asleep on it crusing down the highway...

I haven't set this one to me yet. I usually take a little trip with a few tools and several stops to adjust bars, pegs and whatever. Bars don't adjust on this one. Boards don't adjust. Just Highway Pegs?? 1st Gen wins again!!:stirthepot:

You can only move 2nd gen handlebars an inch or so. More than that and they will hit the top of the tank. Most install risers to get the proper tank clearance then add handlebars to get them back to you.

I'm sure someone on here will jump in and recommend their setup.

I didn't need to do this as I've got long arms.

Good luck!