IGNORED

It's officially started

Skid

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have 24 of service and had planned on retiring this month anyway since I'll be turning the big 5-0 in a few days. As scary as it is I am looking forward to it. If these other health issues doesn't get in the way too much I got a few miles to make up this summer.

Edited by Skid

Go ahead Dan, you can finish.

Yea Dan,, go ahead!!! Tell ya what, you finish what you were gonna say, we'll all keep it a secret and 20 years from now when we celebrate Skids whipping cancer party, at the same time we will throw her a surprise birthday party and reveal our little secret.. By than you will be to old for her to :buttkick:

Yea Dan,, go ahead!!! Tell ya what, you finish what you were gonna say, we'll all keep it a secret and 20 years from now when we celebrate Skids whipping cancer party, at the same time we will throw her a surprise birthday party and reveal our little secret.. By than you will be to old for her to :buttkick:

Now that sounds like a plan!! Telling her she was over 50 might not be the smart thing right now.....:whistling:

You noticed Leslie filling out a list yet???:whistling:

No Dan, actually I have my own list of projects around the house from remodeling upstairs and downstairs, painting around windows, and getting electric in the garage. But not necessarily in that order...

Must be that OCD thing I have.:sign20:

You know the VR family has your back, you need anything, you just let us know, we got it. Charlene, myself, Jamie, Paula, praying for you and your entire family. Now when it comes to retirement remember to take some time for yourself, you earned it, and you deserve it. Take care and keep that positive attitude, thats number one.

May God Bless you and your entire family.

No Dan, actually I have my own list of projects around the house from remodeling upstairs and downstairs, painting around windows, and getting electric in the garage. But not necessarily in that order...

Must be that OCD thing I have.:sign20:

That OCD thing ain't contagious is it?? :confused24: I don't think my garage is ready for it..:whistling:

I'm sure it is Skid, not only for you and your family, but for those you have worked with for such a long time and your family here. Many here have vicariously lived through you looking so forward to this point in your life, counting the days as they passed along with you. It is a dream for many of us to think about retiring at a young age. Now, you need all that strength that comes with a young age to conquer the challenge you are dealing with now.

A phrase from an old timer; "Keep the faith, baby". :innocent:

RandyA

Jeff,

Hopefully your not out in that crap today.

I made it as far as Beckley and had to turn around.

Saw two tractor and trailer wrecks N. bound on turnpike, one close to the tamarac the other at the 77.5 mile marker. Also seen a tanker in front of me wagging his tail 4 or five times, didn't seem to be smart enough to increase this following distance. Then there was the Black Monte Carlo doing a 45 mph 360 going up the mountain there at the "facility" in the mountain.

A good many of the roads south of Charlotte, NC to Georgia were closed.

Might attempt the trip to Florida again next week.

Edited by CaptainJoe