IGNORED

Legalized pot. For it or against it?

Ventureless

Big news out of Canada....

GrowLife and CEN Biotech Announce Collaboration on the World's Largest and Most Advanced Legal Cannabis Production Facility

New Canadian Facility Capable of Producing Up to 1.3 Million Pounds of Medical Marijuana Annually

WOODLAND HILLS, Calif., Jan. 29, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- GrowLife, Inc. (OTCBB: PHOT), a diversified company operating in the legal cannabis industry which develops, markets and deploys products and services of legal cannabis, is pleased to announce that Organic Growth International, LLC ("OGI"), its previously announced joint venture with CANX USA, LLC, has entered into a series of agreements with CEN Biotech, Inc., subject to the approval of the GrowLife Board of Directors. GrowLife currently has a 45% ownership interest in OGI, with conditions under which it can gain majority interest.

CEN Biotech, working under the inspection and authority of Health Canada, has completed the extraordinary governmental processes in Canada to receive approval to begin constructing their state of the art medical marijuana facility in the City of Lakeshore, Ontario, Canada. The facility has undergone extensive vetting by authorities to ensure strict compliance and facility security requirements of Canadian Government and provincial requirements in Canada. Importantly, the facility has been graciously embraced by the town of Lakeshore and the Windsor Essex Economic Development Authorities as a most desirable source of jobs and economic activity for this highly agricultural region. This production facility is expected to have the capacity to produce up to 1.3 million pounds of dried medical marijuana annually, and the total may include capacity that is set aside for import and export. While facility construction has commenced, as of the date of this release CEN Biotech has to next secure the final and formal permissions to grow, harvest, package, and sell medical marijuana in Canada or for export.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is just my 2 cents worth but here goes. In a couple of weeks of weeks I'll be 60 years old. In all those years I have never smoked pot and have only tasted of beer and alcohol. I'd say of wine, I drank one bottle that the hospital gave me and my wife when my only son was born. It took probably at least a couple of weeks to to drink that bottle of wine. It was sweet and tasted pretty good. I grew up in a small, one parent home where my mother had to work extra hard to support 4 kids. You see, my father was a drunk and spent all his hard earned money on liquor. Daddy was a hard working man but I guess he liked his alcohol more than family. I know too many people today that are just like that. That's just life. But when you've been a victim of these situations there's a difference! Most people who drink or do drugs want to forget for a short while all the problems in life and have a good time, just get a "buzz on". Escape reality for a short time. It's during those little escapes many times that homes are wrecked, money lost, businesses blown away, futures thrown away, and lives lost. The question I have to answer every time the temptation comes up for me is, "Do I really want to take the chance of falling into something that may ruin the rest of my life or the the lives of my family maybe the life of someone else who may be a total stranger?" As I said in the beginning, I'm about to turn 60 years old and you know what? I don't feel like I've missed out on anything because I didn't take a drink or smoke a joint. Life is what you make of it. Think of all the money spent every year on drugs and alcohol that could have been used for finding a cure for some of the cancers like my mother died of, or the heart disease that my daddy died of, or the cancer that my 28 year old sister died of.

If you want something bad enough, you can always find a way to rationalize the reasons for it!

I wouldn't be getting too excited there are literly 100's of companyies accross Canada jumping into this right now and some have a big head start on others. Some have their licenses in place already. This is just another one of many......

SMITHS FALLS, Ont.—An Ontario company said it has received a licence from Health Canada to grow medical marijuana and will soon begin production at a former Hershey Canada Inc. chocolate factory near Ottawa.

Tweed Inc., which moved into the massive plant in Smiths Falls, Ont., about 70 kilometres southwest of the nation’s capital last fall, said it received its federal permit this month to produce and supply medical marijuana under the new Marihuana for Medical Purposes Regulations (MMPR).

We are ecstatic to have a production license in-hand,” Chuck Rifici, Tweed president and CEO, said in a statement. “Tweed is now one monumental step closer to providing Canadians in need with premium, affordable marijuana.”

The company moved into the shuttered Hershey plant in September 2013, and announced plans to use more than 168,000 sq.ft. of space to grow pot.

Hershey closed the facility in 2008.

Tweed plans to begin registering customers by early February, with the goal of products hitting the market in April.

The firm is also in the process of becoming a publicly-traded company on the TSX Venture Exchange.

“If approved, this will allow Tweed to run a transparent, open company, while providing an opportunity for the public to invest in a unique market in its early stages,” said Rifici.

I was in my prime during the 60's and I tried a variety of drugs (in retrospect I'm not proud of that). I enjoyed pot but it certainly made me lazy and unmotivated. I believe marijuana has benefits and deficits just like any drug. I am in favor of maijuana as a medical tool but from what I've read about the criteria used to dispense it, it is often too easy or even a joke. Many drugs are derived from trees/plants....here is a except concerning that and in conjunction with rain forests.

"Experts estimates that we are losing 137 plant, animal and insect species every single day due to rainforest deforestation. That equates to 50,000 species a year. As the rainforest species disappear, so do many possible cures for life-threatening diseases. Currently, 121 prescription drugs sold worldwide come from plant-derived sources. While 25% of Western pharmaceuticals are derived from rainforest ingredients, less that 1% of these tropical trees and plants have been tested by scientists."

Guest tx2sturgis

I wonder if on the pot forums they sometimes ask if motorcycles should be legal.

You know, the injuries and deaths, the cost to families, the idiots on sportbikes who harass soccermoms on the highway.

Noxious odors and noise...drunk or aggressive riders....

It must seem valid to law makers and citizens to enact laws to save us from ourselves.

I believe in freedom too, but it always depends on which side of the issue you land on.

To be continued.....

Guest Donna Shields

Hemp has always had trouble stepping out of the shadow of its dirty cousin marijuana. While it is closely related to whacky tobaccy, hemp has microscopic amounts of THC — the chemical in marijuana that gets you high — and eating hemp foods won’t jeopardize your next drug test. The health benefits of hemp are so vast that people are beginning to abandon the antiquated stereotypes of the versatile plant.

Sharon Palmer, author of The Plant Powered Diet, wasn’t wasting her breath when she said, “I think hemp is the next ‘it’ food — it has been for a while.” The hemp seed is bursting with Omega-6 and Omega-3, essential fatty acids that have heart health and anti inflammatory benefits. Hemp seeds are nutty in flavor and breathe life into salads, desserts, yogurts, cereals, and breads. Hemp seeds can be turned into butter, milk, protein powder, finishing oil, and soap.

Unfortunately, Uncle Sam outlawed hemp farming in 1958, a shame when you consider how amazing a crop it is. The plant thrives without pesticides, purifies the soil around it, and kills weeds. The U.S. is the only country that bans industrial hemp farming, quelling what could be an agricultural and financial boon for our indebted country.

Adding hemp foods to your diet is something you should seriously consider, and below are five health benefits of hemp you might not have known.

Five Hemp Health Benefits You Didn’t Know About

The protein and fiber in hemp combine to slow digestion, which prevents spikes in blood sugar and therefore sustains your body’s energy. A diet rich in hemp promotes digestive regularity.

When sprinkled on your cereal or fruit at breakfast, hemp protein and fiber also help aid in satiety, which will prevent you from snacking and keep you fuller longer.

The Omega-3 fatty acids in hemp reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease, lower blood pressure, and may even ward off Alzheimer’s disease. Hemp seeds are one of the few Omega-3 sources found in plants.

The Omega-6 fatty acids in hemp stimulate skin and hair growth, maintain bone health, regulate metabolism, and help the brain function.

Hemp seeds contain essential amino acids, which improves muscle control, mental function, and normal body maintenance of cells, muscle, tissues, and organs.

Sharon Palmer contributed to this report.

On one of the after the news filler program before network TV starts they always have out takes of funny lines from the late night comdey shows. Lenno had a quip something about an "exobanant amount of money spent on a study in a college only to find out that fruit loops regaurdless of color all tast the same. You just had to know they were going to study this with the pot being legalized right?"

We lost that fight a long time ago imop. If the gov would set up snipers on the boarder with night vision and tracers. Shoot the peopl illeaglay entering the country it would slow alot of the crap down. You wont get them all but when the guy next to you gets dropped and all you hear is a whizz thud, the will think twice.

We lost that fight a long time ago imop. If the gov would set up snipers on the boarder with night vision and tracers. Shoot the peopl illeaglay entering the country it would slow alot of the crap down. You wont get them all but when the guy next to you gets dropped and all you hear is a whizz thud, the will think twice.

From an, "X Ground Pounder", I'm with you "Fly Boy", fortify the borders.

Thanks for the tip. I only picked up 2K shares yesterday at 2PM at .24 per share. But it closed at .30 and the trend is up.

Another one to watch right now is MJNA. Same trend as PHOT.

I enjoy dabbling with the penny stocks. But like Bumble Bee said. "Do your own research."

Black Owl,

I just put in an order for another company. Ticker is AEGY. Wish I would have bought last month but didn't. I just put my buy order in for 300K shares at $.0102 a piece. So I am looking at a cost of $3060. But for every penny it might go up, I make another $3000. So even it if goes to .02 and I cash out, that was a quick $3K to be made. Hard to tell but the consensus is a rise to about .20 in the future. I would be cashing out with $60K if that happens. Once again, don't take my word for anything. Do your own research. I am no expert!!

Black Owl,

I just put in an order for another company. Ticker is AEGY. Wish I would have bought last month but didn't. I just put my buy order in for 300K shares at $.0102 a piece. So I am looking at a cost of $3060. But for every penny it might go up, I make another $3000. So even it if goes to .02 and I cash out, that was a quick $3K to be made. Hard to tell but the consensus is a rise to about .20 in the future. I would be cashing out with $60K if that happens. Once again, don't take my word for anything. Do your own research. I am no expert!!

I got into AEGY last week. Picked up 100K at .0042. Closed yesterday at .0102

:15_8_211[1]:

I always heard it was like a http://www.lung.org/associations/states/colorado/tobacco/marijuana.html

times worse than cigarettes on your lungs, now, even after GOV sponsored healthcare the Commander in chief says it's ok.???

Just funny that it's hardly been Legal for even a month in Colorado and the Broncos totally tossed a game. Musta been some good stuff, after the game someone asked Manning what he thought and he said, What game? :confused24:

IMO the government will tax it at such a high rate and regulate the $hit out of it that the drug cartels can cut the price and still deliver high quality stuff.

It is not for me because I can get screwed up enough without it. :whistling:

Leave it to the Gov. to screw it up beyond all recognition. For your protection of course. :rotf::rotf::rotf:

I'm not against it I am just not for it either. :missingtooth: