IGNORED

Ordered my Xmas present yesterday

Ventureless

So I have been talking about an RC heli and my wife said to go ahead and just order it. Our local hobby shop goes with the pricing from Horizon Hobby online. So I was looking at Horizon and they had a Blade MSR RTF for $59.99. Usually $129.99. SO we went right to the local shop and ordered it. They honored the $59.99 price and gave me an additional 5% off. They also ordered 2 sets of extra blades, skids, and rotor gear and threw them in for free. Nice deal on a little 4 channel fixed pitch. It will keep me busy for a while.:)

Be very very carefulllll!

RC can become very addicting.

This isn't my first go around with RC. I used to have cars and trucks. And I am talking the big trucks and buggies with weed eater motors. Also had some smaller street cars and dragsters that we used to race. I have had some gas planes and several electric foamie planes. I also had a large scale gas helicopter (roughly 4-5 feet long). It was a JR Vigor 90. All carbon fiber. American flag paint job on the canopy. I could fly it but it scared the crap out of me thinking about what it would do to a person if I ever hit them. I have been out of it for a few years and I have been screwing with my son's small coax heli and caught the bug again. Not ready to jump back into CP heli yet so I figured a 4 channel FP would be perfect. Was looking at the Blade 120 SR, but went with the MSR due to the deal I got and it is smaller and easier to fly indoors (from my research). I am sure in a month or 2, I will be looking for another CP heli.

Edited by Ventureless

Any of you RC guys have or have flown a Blade SR? Not the 120 SR, but the larger CP SR. I can get a pretty good deal on one ($100 RTF brand new). I am not ready to move back to the CP yet, but for that price it might be worth buying now to have for later. The problem I have is the mixed reviews. Some good, some bad. And the bad ones are pretty bad so I am not sure what to believe or if it is even worth getting it. So I figured I would see if anyone here had any experience with one.

http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdId=EFLH1500

• 3 weeks later...

Just to prove you right, I have already mastered the small fixed pitch MSR. So I now ordered (won on Ebay still new in box) a Blade MCP X and a Blade 450 3D with a Spektrum DX6i transmitter. Both collective pitch! One small and one bigger. They are I believe discontinued models so I also ordered several replacement parts as well. And the fun begins!!!!

yup, told ya.......:rasberry:

The mcpx is fairly capable and will handle some decent wind outdoors. It is fast enough that I would recommend keeping it outside unless you have a really big house with nothing fragile or expensive inside. Do you know which version it is? I have one that is very heavily modified for great power.

The 450 is for out door only, to big to safely fly in your house.

Both can be a lot of fun.

Let the upgrades begin..........

yup, told ya.......:rasberry:

The mcpx is fairly capable and will handle some decent wind outdoors. It is fast enough that I would recommend keeping it outside unless you have a really big house with nothing fragile or expensive inside. Do you know which version it is? I have one that is very heavily modified for great power.

The 450 is for out door only, to big to safely fly in your house.

Both can be a lot of fun.

Let the upgrades begin..........

It is not the BL. The link below (if it works) is like the one I am getting.

http://www.bladehelis.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=BLH3500

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so 1 month and roughly $620 from me starting this thread, I now have a Blade Scout (coax), MSR, 120SR, MCPX V2 (but not the BL), a 450 3D, and a Spektrum DX6i.

I am done for a while now. I have plenty to keep me busy.