IGNORED

Biker shot in back. Shooter claims self defense

royalstarjac

if i got caught by the cops standing at the end of my drive even waving a gun at some one , i would be arrested no if's ands and buts. what was he doing out by the street with a gun in the first place. it would be different if one of his daughters was being harmed or molested and he shot him in the act. the guy is innocent until proven guilty,but it sounds like he still is in deep doo doo. :depressed: :)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if i got caught by the cops standing at the end of my drive even waving a gun at some one , i would be arrested no if's ands and buts. what was he doing out by the street with a gun in the first place. it would be different if one of his daughters was being harmed or molested and he shot him in the act. the guy is innocent until proven guilty,but it sounds like he still is in deep doo doo. :depressed: :)

The daughters called ahead to daddy and said that the big bad biker was following them.

Guest Saddletramp

Reading between the lines, it sounds like Daddy's little girls have been playing their cards for a while at his expense. I certainly don't condone the shooting by any means. Especially when the man on the bike was going away from the shooter. I'd be willing to bet that a traffic error was committed and road rage ensued with the end result being a tragedy. One more reason to think b4 one reacts in a confrontational manner.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
I'm not surprised. Should be easy for the prosecution to convict. The dude claiming self defense when he shot the cyclist in the back is laughable.

The motorcyclist should get the Darwin award for being such a dumb-ass and putting himself in that situation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darwin_award

Lets not forget the only person that can testify to the bikers perspective is DEAD!

I would hold off on that award if I were you! :no-no-no:

Lets not forget the only person that can testify to the bikers perspective is DEAD!

I would hold off on that award if I were you! :no-no-no:

Yea, your right. That was a bit harsh.

Point I was making was that for some reason, the cyclist chose to follow the girls. Maybe he wanted to confront their parent's about the girls behavior and ended up getting shot. Guess we will never know.

Nice family! I think the wife should be charged too.

Sounds like the Apples didn't fall far from the trees!

It's obvious the young man didn't use the best judgement. Especially

when he drove back by the house after the man shot twice.

But he didn't deserve to be shot in the back for it. -Jack

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

There is a lot we can all learn from what we already know from this story.

This would be a real good time to set down with our young drivers and others(spouses?) and explain very carefully that when there is some type of incident with someone that you don't know, do not use your middle finger to make a point. It can make a situation much worse.

If you feel you are in some state of danger from another driver and you have a cell phone, call 911 immediately. Then use the 911 advise to get to a safe place. Remember, the phone conversation is recorded and can be used in court.

Be respectful of other drivers and their space, even give a little if you can avoid an encounter that could cause contact. Being a kind and courteous driver does not mean you are weak, it just shows that you are a bit smarter, not smarta$$.

Now, I know that everything that I have said is just common sense, but have you really sat down, and especially with your young drivers, and very clearly made these points? If you have not, then you really need to take the time to talk about it and using this event and showing them how things escalate, could possibly save their life or even you a lot of money.

After the horrible tragedy of Gary and Leslie, I sat down with my 16 year old grandson, whose also rides a street bike, and we talked about all aspects of the event, both from a riders perspective and from a drivers perspective. We also talked about the girls "perceived" thinking that she saw a signal light. In regard to that, I explained that even if he really did see a signal light blinking, that only really means the bulb is working.

Folks, let us try to make a positive out of these tragedies an spend the time to talk to our loved ones and even apply it to ourselves.

Thanks, royalstarjac for keeping us posted on this.

RandyA

• 4 months later...
But Gear scarcely recalls what happened - he doesn’t even remember pulling the trigger when he shot at Mough - because of a severe medical condition, Tolley said.
Was that mentioned in any of the other articles, and I simply missed it, or is this a new condition at this point in the case?

Was that mentioned in any of the other articles, and I simply missed it, or is this a new condition at this point in the case?

My first thought was, if this guy has this "medical conditon" he probably should not own a gun, be allowed to drive, etc.

Sounds like this guy is just a loose cannon. :doh: