IGNORED

blue tooth

I have a 08 venture With a 650 Garmin which I hook to the aux jack on the cassette player . I activated the blue tooth. I can hear the person on the other end very well but they can't hear me. I have the J&M head set with the power mic. Can any one help?

You need to either use a bluetooth headset or a special cable to plug into the GPS that goes to the intercom system. I bought an edsets one and so far havent had very good sucess with it. A member here makes a simular unit Buddy Rich. Mine has worked OK at a stand still but not so when moving. I may have not figured out exactly how to set things up for it though.

I have a 08 venture With a 650 Garmin which I hook to the aux jack on the cassette player . I activated the blue tooth. I can hear the person on the other end very well but they can't hear me. I have the J&M head set with the power mic. Can any one help?

For what are using the blue tooth? If it is for your cell phone then you need a blue tooth headset such as the Scala rider. That is what I use and works perfectly. With the Scala it links headset, GPS and cell phone all together.

this is what I have on my GL1800

http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail.asp?ProductID=CFBR-GL1800

It works great and is integrated thru the system. The only thing I can't do is make a call without picking up the phone and dialing because I didn't activate voice dialing on my phone.

On the other hand, why do I want to make a call while I'm riding ?? It is handy tho to be able to receive -

I didn't research but there's most likely a system that will integrate with the Venture

I installed the "Buddy Rich" cable 3 years ago with my Zumo 550 and I am very pleased. Its a great solution. I can make and receive calls easily when my phone is linked up via bluetooth to the Zumo. Voice dial even works but works better when you are pulled over because of wind noise.

Wind noise can be an issue. It is always best to pull over when making a call for lots of reasons but it does work well when you are moving. I have the J&M stock headsets. I am sure if I upgraded the headset it would perform even better. See link below.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=15303&highlight=buddyrich+cable

OK, the problem you are having is that your microphone does not have a connection to the 660. The cord from the 660 to the cassette jack is input (to the headset - output from the 660) only.

The J&M headset is a solid wired set. The only BlueTooth (BT) being done here is between the 660 and the phone. Everything else is hardwired.

You have two solutions.

1) Use a BuddyRich cable. (highly recommended)

2) Change your headset to a BT headset like the Scala Rider. There are a few out there.

The downside of doing option #2 is that the standard functions of the Venture radio will not be available to you. Therefore, no CB, no intercom (unless passenger also has a BT headset), no radio. Option 1 works.

RR

What is the difference between plugging into the budie rich jack and just plugging direct to the cassette aux jack? How do I get the budie rich set up.

There are two connections that need be made. Speaker out (of the Zumo) and Mic in (to the Zumo). There is no connection on the dash for the microphone (from the bike). It only comes from under the faring. The Buddy Rich cable connects the Zumo speaker and mic connections to the appropriate plugs inside the faring.

If you can take the outer faring off, you can install the BR cable. It's pretty easy. IIRC, it comes with instructions.

Makes for a nice clean install. Holds up in the rain also.

RR

I contacted him awhile back and he was working some parts sourcing issues out. I ended up finding a used edsets one and bought it. Like I said I have yet to make a phone call on it other than in a parking lot and as I started to leave the lot the wife said she couldnt hear me very well. I think I need to figure out some adjustments or something.