IGNORED

Crash in Somerset KY

AKRefugee

Went down in Somerset KY in two motorcycle/trike low speed accident. No really serious injuries. Banged up ribs on my part. Wife has banged up knee. Don't know if either of us have broken bones as still waiting for X-ray. Status of bike unknown as we are still in hospital.

Damn glad I'm an AGATT rider.

Lesson learned to always always always confirm that your riding partner sees your signal before you make a turn. Was so focused on where I was turning around that I didn't confirm my partner saw my signal and got T-boned by him. He is fine and his wife is banged up but also no "serious" injuries either. Will update more later.

Ride Happy Ride Safe

Guest tx2sturgis

Dang.

I was involved in a bike/bike accident once...its not fun and sometimes the 2 parties disagree on what happened.

Good luck to you sir and heal up fast!

:happy34:

Update

Final summary me with "multiple" broken ribs, wife with small bone fracture at end of a tendon that actually pulled a small piece of the bone off, friends wife with cracked tailbone and no injury for my friend. Bike is running and could have ridden it home except for these dog gone ribs. Left bag is trashed all else ok. And Margret what do you mean "going to be in trouble"? Why you know I am a "perfect angel" ;-b

Ride Happy Ride Safe

Guest tx2sturgis

Dont worry.

Broken ribs only hurt when you breathe, or don't breathe, or if you do or don’t do anything else.

You'll be fine in 6 weeks.

:happy34:

Wow, multiple broken ribs is not going to be fun. Are they all on the same side? It is bad to cough or sneeze, but the hiccups is what hurt me the most. I guess it is because I did not know when they were coming.

As far as the knee and tail bone injuries, they will be painful for the ladies also.

I remember seeing a wreak like this once. I was coming out of a park entrance and 1st motorcycle went by, evidently missing entrance and did a U-turn in front of 2nd bike and got T-boned. The guy on the 1st bike got a badly broken leg.

I wish you all the best and hope everything turns OK.

RandyA

Update

Final summary me with "multiple" broken ribs, wife with small bone fracture at end of a tendon that actually pulled a small piece of the bone off, friends wife with cracked tailbone and no injury for my friend. Bike is running and could have ridden it home except for these dog gone ribs. Left bag is trashed all else ok. And Margret what do you mean "going to be in trouble"? Why you know I am a "perfect angel" ;-b

Ride Happy Ride Safe

I'm only 50 miles from there, have truck and trailer, can I be of assistance?

Sorry to hear about your accident and I'm glad it wasn't worse. For what it's worth, when we ride in a group (And that means even just two bikes.) The first bike always includes a hand signal with the lights. Gets the other bikes attention real quick. We also ensure that everyone follows the 2 second / 1 second rule for bikes in the stagger. that helps too.

Andy

A cracked rib followed in three days with extensive riding (two up I think???) Can lead to a knicked blood vessel which after another three days and a return drive (two up again??) Can lead to three days in the hospital while they drain the chest cavity, with FRIENDS coming while your drugged, to talk about you, ride your bike, bring you food and don't share!!! But you can tell their friends cause they bring you an assortment of chrome thingies to put in the holes after they take the tubes out!!!! ( Still have them) Ahhh Bakersfield First Calif Meet, Drugs, food and friends couldn't get any better..... I think:confused24: