IGNORED

It has been a tough week.

Venturous Randy

Prayers going out for both of you, Randy!

A friend of mine had heart burn early one Sunday morning that wouldn't go away so he drove to the hospital "feeling like an idiot". They put in three stints! He was out Tuesday morning!

Hope your' contusion feels better soon.

Todd

I just left the hospital so maybe we both can get some rest. Linda is in great spirits and wants to get this over with. I am to be there at about 9am so the Dr can give us an update. As I understand it right now, the concern on a by-pass is there is no real connection point, especially on one end. It appears Linda has had a problem with this artery for some time and it has just recently become an issue.

I want to thank everyone for the prayers and best wishes for both of us. We had a very nice visit from Steve(SGN) and Ann this evening and a call from Woody and she was tickled to talk to him. I will try to keep you posted as I know more.

RandyA

Sorry to hear the news Randy. Leslie & I will keep you both in our prayer this week. We hope for a quick recovery but your ribs are slow to heal sometimes. If you two need anything just us know. Gassaway isn't that far away. Ride safe my friends. God is good !

Had a consult with the surgeon today and the by-pass is scheduled for Thursday and they won't let her come home until after the surgery. They are trying to get her sugar to stabilize at a good level. She has been in real good spirits, but today has been tough on her. She wants to get this over with and start the healing process.

RandyA

Randy,

With the age of this crowd, she has a lot of company (bypass veterans).

I read up on her particular blockage when you first posted. It is a different than most of the arteries that the bulk of us have had mended, more of a spider web than a tube. I imagine you are now pretty up on it. I am glad to see they will be doing surgery as it appears that a stint is not being offered.

When I needed a bypass, I thought I needed time to finish some work and home stuff.

My DR gave me some reality bytes and I said, "what are you doing tomorrow?"

So being in the hospital already will curtail running around town and stressing.

Prayers first. But I see you are retired. That's really good. You will want to be available for her first week back home. She will need that to give and regulate her meds and to get proper rest without stress. On your own, you loose count of meds.

First few days (and nights) will be in a recliner,,, so GIVE HER THE REMOTE, with fresh batteries! Go to REDBOX and pick up some movies.

She may not have a great appetite, so sandwiches are good to have in the fridge for lighter meals.

The anesthetic will hang in her system for several days later (maybe a week) so, when she does start short walks, she should expect some dizziness.

Two to three months out, they will offer cardiac rehab. Make sure to do that.

Got me in the habit of walking in the mornings,, 8 years ago and still doing it.

I do get weekends off.

The hospital will probably offer a support group. Bypass surgery hits people different, mine went well and recovery was good. Some need help to get back, again, nice that you are retired.

I am getting ahead but I'm confident on cardiac care and she will do fine.

Best to you both,

Mike G.