IGNORED

Looking for info from the southern members

steamer

thinking about trailering the trike south the first week in November. Leaving NY on the 4th, returning on the 9th. Thinking about riding part of the Blue ridge parkway. Weather being the big factor. Do you get a lot of rain that time of the year? What temperatures can we expect? What do you recommend for places to see? Recommend places to stay? Would anyone be interested in showing us around? Also we will need a safe place to leave the truck and trailer for a few of days.

I'm on the wrong side of the state but we do have a few folks out that way. Typically we don't have a lot of rain, but as in anywhere that can change. As for stuff to see Asheville is nice with lots to do. http://www.blueridgeparkway.org/

Here's the link for the parkway. You can keep up on weather and any possible closings. Not sure if they fixed that one part yet. I'm sure someone might let you know if they can be a tour guide for ya. Weather can be changeable up there though. Just make sure to bring warm clothes and you should be fine. Here's the tourism site in case there's any things you would be interested in. http://www.visitnc.com

Oh and if you ever make it to this side of the state I can help you out on places to go as tour guide.

Enjoy your trip.

Margaet

I'm getting another bike this weekend that needs some work done on it, so I may not be able to join you guys on the road, but you are welcome to park your truck here at the house. I am in Hickory, NC about an hour from the BRP.....

I'm getting another bike this weekend that needs some work done on it, so I may not be able to join you guys on the road, but you are welcome to park your truck here at the house. I am in Hickory, NC about an hour from the BRP.....

Matt, thanks for the very generous offer. We may take you up on it. I will let you know as we get closer. It's all going to depend on the weather, as to where we end up.

We are in Erwin Tennessee. The time frame you are talking about is usually dry with temps in the 60s down into the 40s and occasional frost. we should be getting back from a trip out west but will try to catch up with you then

We are in Erwin Tennessee. The time frame you are talking about is usually dry with temps in the 60s down into the 40s and occasional frost. we should be getting back from a trip out west but will try to catch up with you then

That would be great. We are hoping to hook up with some of the members while we are in the area.

I would worry more about snow and ice more than rain in November. Are you doing all of the Parkway or just parts, If you like wine and old mills there is Mabry Mill and Chateau Morriste (not sure if I spelled either right) in Meadows of Dan, you could also jump off the parkway above Roanoke and visit the D-D Memorial. There is Biltmore House in Ashville and a few falls along the route.

Edited by etcswjoe

Well when you said "southern members" I thaught you ment south like Fla. We are currentlt in Asheville area now on vacation. If you like early motorcycles you may want to look up the wheels through time museum in Maggie Valley. We are planing on Thur for our visit.

We stayed one night at the Little Switzerland Inn in Little Switzerland, NC and had a nice stay. That is right on the parkway. That's kind of a neat little area with some shops and a very good restaurant, especially if you like shrimp. I've also stayed at a couple of campgrounds in little "cabins" that were inexpensive but comfortable. One was in Shatley Springs, NC which is off the parkway a ways but worth the trip to eat in the restaurant that accompanies the cabins. The parkway is a good ride but the weather can turn against you quickly.

Biltmore is on the list. Also little Switzerland. Based on what is happening with the weather across the country right now, it looks like it will be a last minute decision weather we do the Parkway or head somewhere else. we will have 7 days Vacation to burn up. Right now the best weather seems to be right here.:doh:

Well when you said "southern members" I thaught you ment south like Fla. We are currentlt in Asheville area now on vacation. If you like early motorcycles you may want to look up the wheels through time museum in Maggie Valley. We are planing on Thur for our visit.

+1 on southern members. That's funny, in a good way.

Well if you come down and don't want to spend too much time on the parkway you could always try this:http://www.royalfaires.com/carolina/

The only thing is it's only open on the weekends (fri, sat, & sun)

Margaret

Now that's funny! That's the same troop that does the renaissance fair up here in Sterling NY every summer. Probably been to it half a dozen times. It is a real blast!