IGNORED

RSV trike on eBay

Brenda H

There is a '99, looks like a Hannigan trike with 42k miles on it, on eBay. Interesting thing is it is selling "no reserve" and I'm wondering if I should take a shot at it. BIG problem is the seller has less than 400 feedbacks and less than 60 of those in the last year. I'm VERY wary to say the least as I doubt anyone in that area [Hixson, Tenn. just outside Chattanooga] would have a chance to look at it before the sale ends on 10/2. I'm not risking my hard earned dollars on something I won't be able to see before I spend that kind of money.:mo money:

Does anyone know or has done business with this seller "toddstoys35"? Interesting to note that one of the pics shows dealer tags on the bike which makes me wonder just what this guy does for a day job. The bike itself looks to be in great shape and for a '99 to have only 42k on it means somebody just drove it to church on Sunday!

Any ideas?? :scratchchin:

It's not a Hannigan, may be Tri-Wing as they made 2 different bodies for the RSV. A second look shows the mount bracket that looks just like Tri-Wings set-up, pretty sure that's what it iz. It has lots of chrome goodies on it, one I've never seen before is the chrome piece where the horn should be.

Edited by ragtop69gs

It's a tri-wing. It may have low miles but I wouldn't put to much into it. Some of the chrome seems to be peeling pretty good. Keep in mind, these kits can be installed by anyone with the $$ to buy one. There not all professional installs. with that being said, If you can get it for under $8000.00 then go for it.

It's a tri-wing. It may have low miles but I wouldn't put to much into it. Some of the chrome seems to be peeling pretty good. Keep in mind, these kits can be installed by anyone with the $$ to buy one. There not all professional installs. with that being said, If you can get it for under $8000.00 then go for it.

What did I do? Wake everyone up to the fact it was out there? RATS!!

IF it's a TriWing, I'm not interested. Hannigan/Motor Trike have a much better chance of having been installed by someone who at least halfway knew what they were doing. And with the bid having jumped $4k in one day, the odds of it even being close to what I could swing isn't good.

BM good luck on getting it!!

He has been registered since 02

I would buy from him. this guy is kind of like a dealer

most likely not his bike.

His feed back is not that bad. and at lest he has over 400

of them and not 3 :-)

good luck and enjoy whom ever gets it :thumbsup2:

Oh and (That Kind of Money ?) is nothing for a trike. still only at $5,500 a real bargain so far.

I'm having second thoughts about it. Current bid is $5650 which isn't much from what the group says. But I'm still concerned about the trike mod itself. 42k miles is less than 3k a year on that bike. No info on when the mod was done and since this guy is a "freelance" dealer, ie no set business as he appears to be just trading or selling whatever he comes across. Add in the fact that I have no known trike dealer within a minimum of at least 50+ miles so getting repairs done could be time consuming as well as expensive. My concern is the lack of miles being due to problems with the trike kit. :scratchchin:

I want one. Current plans are for me to buy a trike when I retire, probably in two years when I finally qualify for SSI. But if I run across something like this again, who knows? I may just have a few words with my loan officer or do a rather nice job of maxing out a credit card!!

With that chrome piece that someone was mentioning, I would say that it is a older tri-wing kit, I saw one with it this summer, and talked to the guy and that's how I learned that. One difference in that one and mine was the air bags were different, other than that the whole trike for less than the cost of my kit, I'd look at it. It also looks like a neater job of putting it together than mine.

Edited by jonesy
added something

If it goes over 9000.00 its to much

Well, somebody bought it. Final sale price was $9601.01 would you believe! I'll keep looking. I am curious as to what has happened to Gunboat's '99 but Cathy appears to have dropped off the grid. I'd love to have B2's '08 as that is my favorite year/color of RSV but that much money is out of the question at the moment. The Hubby would have a fit!

Please Everybody keep an eye out!! :mo money: