IGNORED

victory touring bike.

Snarley Bill

was at my dealer today and saw one of the new victory touring bikes ,what ever it's called. it sure is one beautiful bike. i love it. very comfortable and well finished. was offered a demo ride, but had to pass. hate to drop one it would be the national debt. the one i liked was the ultra deluxe, $23,000. don't think i will be bringing one home in my life time. i like my v-star 1300 just fine. when i first saw the pictures i thought it looked nice ,but a bit far out. after i saw one in real it is awesome. :)

I'd have to agree with you, Bill - seeing them in person is different than in the pictures. My only major complain with them is the small amount of room in the saddle bags - like none. The trunk is OK, but my TourPak is much larger. For me, though, the sit on the bike was very comfortable. Just my two cents

I'd have to agree with you, Bill - seeing them in person is different than in the pictures. My only major complain with them is the small amount of room in the saddle bags - like none. The trunk is OK, but my TourPak is much larger. For me, though, the sit on the bike was very comfortable. Just my two cents

Ditto for me too. I really liked it but due to the mimimal space for gear it is a poser as a touring bike and I wonder how long it will be before anyone builds a hitch to pull a trailor.

I sat on one a few days ago, while waiting for a tire change. It was very comfortable. It's amazing how far in front of the rider the windshield is. That's due to the fairing being frame-mounted, I guess. It gives the feeling of a great deal of space for the rider.

I guess it comes out like this: I'm slowly getting past the looks of the Vision. The so-small-it's-phony saddle bag space is partially compensated for by the large trunk. So I'm telling myself that it's okay. When I encountered the RSV, the only thing that I had to overcome about it was the silly cassette player and the CB (I just didn't care about having a CB). So the RSV had more stuff on it than I wanted, but still the price was low.

That tells me that the RSV is still a better bike for me. For others: the Vision seems like a really cool bike -- enjoy.

the saddle bags are really small inside.don't know why yhey did'nt use the whole interior space. i was really down on belt drive and the v- twin but now that i have my v-star with the belt and v- twin, i am changing my mind. i would probably get one but with my legs i just can't handle the weight anymore.can't handle the price either. sure does look good. bill :)

We have a dealer in E. Peoria. Didn't ride one, but it looks nice. VERY highly styled. that trunk hanging out in space is a little wierd, but the front is nicely done.

I am just not sold on air-cooled V-twins yet, but I need to ride one before I really decide. I am going to rent a Harley this summer, just so I can say for sure what they are like.

If they would just bring out a new Venture Royale, I would be in heaven. Oh, and maybe replace the 8-track with a CD player of disk drive? :cool10:

Taking a trip to Death Valley in a couple of weeks with a group of friends. My friend is in good with the local Victory dealer and they're going to let him take a demo Vision for the weekend. I'll get a little saddle time during the trip and let you know what I think.

If Yamaha comes out with the proposed new V-Max motor (V-4, 1800cc, fuel injected, etc.), it wouldn't take much tweaking to put a de-tuned version of it in the RSV, hmm...

What a bike that would be.

Guest KitCarson
Taking a trip to Death Valley in a couple of weeks with a group of friends. My friend is in good with the local Victory dealer and they're going to let him take a demo Vision for the weekend. I'll get a little saddle time during the trip and let you know what I think.

If Yamaha comes out with the proposed new V-Max motor (V-4, 1800cc, fuel injected, etc.), it wouldn't take much tweaking to put a de-tuned version of it in the RSV, hmm...

I hope you do get a chance to try the Victory out.....I have seen them.....sat on them.....but never gotten a chance to ride one. I have no intention of buying one.......but am curious about all bikes. I have heard a lot of talk and we all know how what we hear can be like....it is said the drive train has lot of slack and clunk and noise......maybe someone will get to ride one and find out. They have a new polaris dealer in Columbia........but have not had that one on display yet....mostly 4 wheelers and ski-doos.........

I think, the "If" can be deleted. They have been seen Test riding a new Vmax in Italy. My Dealer said, they expect Yammi to unveil the new one in Fall 2008 at the Fair in Cologne or Paris.

the saddle bags are really small inside.don't know why yhey did'nt use the whole interior space. i was really down on belt drive and the v- twin but now that i have my v-star with the belt and v- twin, i am changing my mind. i would probably get one but with my legs i just can't handle the weight anymore.can't handle the price either. sure does look good. bill :)

The V Star is a shaft drive. Did you get a Roadstar? That would have a belt.

Locally here they were having demo rides. I couldnt resist riding it. For ove a half hour.Very comfy ,great protection from the elements, and controls are great. It looks like it would be a decent ride and it was. For a twin that is . It would make a great highway bike I suppose for the ride. Not a lot of low end power though. Flat in the midrange.The weirdest thing about it was the windshield . It must have been 3 feet away from my head , real strange. Its electrically adjustable but better in low setting. While the looks are ,well "unique ", I expected it to be a better ride. Maybe I'm just partial to my RSTD but when I got back on mine I was convinced it was a better bike.

...just my own opinion.

Victory builds a good bike and 90% of the time a good looking bike, but what were the designers thinking when they made the Vision. Ugly Ugly and its really UGLY!!!!! If I saw someone riding one of those things I'd have to laugh AND point

Agree!! Ugly!! :yikes:

Guest tx2sturgis

Here is the text from my post back in November:

I actually saw this at Sturgis this past August during the rally. I took the Victory Vision Tour for a demo ride also. And yes, the rep pushed the bike over and it fell to about a 45 degree angle and just sat there. The lower frame protrudes out around the footboards, fore and aft, and holds the bike part way up. Then the rep backed up to it and righted it pretty easily.

A bit surprising though, to watch a guy walk over and purposely knock over a $25,000 bike. No damge tho. He did that anytime he was talking to prospective buyers.

BTW...its a really nice bike, plenty of power, smooth, comfy. BUT! The saddle bag interiors are tiny, the trunk is just adequate inside, and there is no way that I can see to add a trunk rack for luggage. Also, during the demo ride, we had a 30mph sidewind, and the bike was very hard to hold steady...that big fairing caught all the sidewinds, and I just didnt care for it. Keep in mind I'm used to a big fairing on the ElectraGlide...

When I rode the Venture in the same sidewinds, 20 minutes later, it was much easier to deal with the wind. Not nearly as unsteady and just as much power as far as my 'Butt Dyno' could tell.

_________[end of cross-post]________

I also want to add that as far as I can tell, you would not be able to put much of a rack on the top of the trunk, and I dont believe your going to be able to carry much in the way of camping supplies, if you like to camp on the road.

Im guessing that someone may come out with a trailer hitch for the bike, so this may not be a problem.

The bike had plenty of power and a very relaxed riding position. Nice compliment of touring 'goodies' too...some standard, some optional.

I wanted to like the Vision, but I live 'on the bike' for days and sometimes weeks at a time, and the Vision just didnt provide much luggage capacity, and was way too hard to handle in the gusty winds. I live in a part of the world where wind is an everyday thing, and it just didnt suit me.

I ended up buying the Venture. 'Nuff said'.

• 2 months later...

I've test driven one also. The thing that impressed me the most, was how well it handled at slow speeds and tight corners. It has a much lower center of gravity than any of the other touring bikes. The tipping over thing is pretty cool, we have a bike night here that the local Victory dealer partially sponsers and they always show up on something from the line. They've been pushing the Vision. They show up and just get off the bike and let it fall. Stops dead at 45 degrees or so. Then they'll stand on it, it just doesn't tip over. It's fun to watch the expressions of people who haven't seen the "demo" before. The other thing that it nice about the the full dresser, you can take the trunk off in a couple of minutes, if you're just cruising.

When I encountered the RSV, the only thing that I had to overcome about it was the silly cassette player and the CB (I just didn't care about having a CB). So the RSV had more stuff on it than I wanted, but still the price was low.

That tells me that the RSV is still a better bike for me. For others: the Vision seems like a really cool bike -- enjoy.

Ahoutzer,

The great thing about the CB is when you are riding in a group. It allows you to converse with other riders. Very useful. Generally, the lead bike and the tail bike will have a CB.

RR

I thought it was hideous when I first saw it. After seeing it in person, and sitting on one, I've warmed up to the bike... a little. The front end still reminds me of a 1990-somthing Goldwing that somebody took a frying pan to, thereby shortening the bike by 6 inches. I also checked it out at the Victory website. The performance numbers aren't all that impressive. For the money, the RSV is still a better bike.:900[1]: