IGNORED

WNY Rally dining from Iceland

dingy

Below is a link to that Icelandic cuisine that Jonas shared with us at the WNY Rally for your dining enjoyment.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H%C3%A1karl

If you haven't had the chance to try this, you ain't missing a thing. It wasn't that bad tasting, but it is some of the nastiest $hit I have ever smelled that I was going to eat.

Thanks for sharing Jonas !!!

:buttkick:

Gary

If I recall there were only a few people to try it....then it disappeared or was tossed into a bio hazard container and shipped off to some undisclosed location ...........lol.. this stuff will destroy your love life and if you have a mustache when you eat it, you will be shaving it off shortly.................lol.:whistling:

Well the Red Baron is up in Carteret NJ probably packed away in a shipping container ready to sail to Iceland, or its sitting in Pedro's livingroom, he really liked the color?:think: Guess we will have to wait a few weeks to see where it turns up. Jonas is on his way to Boston, he flies out on friday. Really hated to see him go but all good things must end. We really had a great visit and I know he really enjoyed his time in the states, especially with the NY crew. I really dont regret skipping the shark and the Black death, heard its a cross between paint thinner and embalming fluid:yikes:

Craig

I really dont regret skipping the shark and the Black death, heard its a cross between paint thinner and embalming fluid:yikes:

Craig

It's not a cross between paint thinner and embalming fluid.......IT IS paint thinner and embalming fluid mixed together!!!!!

AND it's good!!!!

That was the best part of the day, other than the music and all the friends that were there.

(BTW, still haven't shaved the mustache, and the wife won't kiss me. :confused24: :confused07:)

What's up with that??????

Jim

Some people are just too fussy. I had both the shark and the black death. Other than a slight ammonia smell and taste I found it to be more like a tough version of raw herring. Would I eat it again ......NOT ON YOUR LIFE.

The black death on the other hand is another story , I could not stop drinking it, it was so good. Do not know how much I had through out the evening but at the end of the night there was a 1/4 bottle left I gladly finished of before being the last one to hit the sack. No after effects the next morning either.

As far as Jonas goes although I have sort of met him before, this is the first time I really got a chance to get to know him. All I can say is I hope its not the last time, as he is a great down to earth fun loving guy with a great sense of humour.

Some people are just too fussy. I had both the shark and the black death. Other than a slight ammonia smell and taste I found it to be more like a tough version of raw herring. Would I eat it again ......NOT ON YOUR LIFE.

The black death on the other hand is another story , I could not stop drinking it, it was so good. Do not know how much I had through out the evening but at the end of the night there was a 1/4 bottle left I gladly finished of before being the last one to hit the sack. No after effects the next morning either.

As far as Jonas goes although I have sort of met him before, this is the first time I really got a chance to get to know him. All I can say is I hope its not the last time, as he is a great down to earth fun loving guy with a great sense of humour.

Black Death, well, for us German heritage blood line, like my friend Saddlebum and the ??Dutch? heritage, it was not the paint thinner others speak of. It was actually medicinal in nature. We could have brought the German firewater or some Croatian tonsil cleaner for the next round at the annual WNY weekend! Guarantee, no riding after a few shots!

All had a great time. Now, the smelly shark bits, not a cuisine for me. New Orleans charbroiled oysters! That's tasty.

This is a mans world ! What is it with you guys. Bunch of ol ladies !

Any kid in Iceland has had at least a pound of Shark Meat when turning six years old !

I kind of get the feeling that this club is turning into some kind of a sewing club :confused24:

Seriously - I would like to thank you all for the great time I had with you and this was such a great trip. Such a pleasure meeting you all and having fun with you.

And greatest thanks to Big Tom and Vicky for having me in their home and for getting us all together and making this rallie come true as well as the nice people at Pioneer Motorsports Michelle and Terry for all they did to make this rally come true and for saving me from enjoying Toms snoring for a night, their sons Chad and Kyle and all the staff. Craig and Kim for having me over in Reading, feeding me and taking me around, helping me getting the bike to the shipyard in New Jersey and the list goes on and on and on. Man - Craig is mean on the grill with these steaks :)

Thank you all for the greatest time - you are the greatest bunch of people I have ever met :bighug:

Warmest regards from Iceland ( Boston at the moment - flying home tomorrow)

Again - thank you all so much :)

Jonas Samuel A. Lilliendahl :beer:

Black Death, well, for us German heritage blood line, like my friend Saddlebum and the ??Dutch? heritage, it was not the paint thinner others speak of. It was actually medicinal in nature. We could have brought the German firewater or some Croatian tonsil cleaner for the next round at the annual WNY weekend! Guarantee, no riding after a few shots!

All had a great time. Now, the smelly shark bits, not a cuisine for me. New Orleans charbroiled oysters! That's tasty.

:sign yeah that:on the German, well Saxon, heritage and "our" firewater.:rotf:Some good old pear or plum "brandy". (if your brandy is crystal clear and on the high side of 150 proof) and I would feel right at home. A sliver of our family ended up in Rochester when we came to the U.S. and they made some of the finest shine you would ever taste.

As for Black Death, I could and would drink it again. Not going to go out of my way to buy a bottle but would partake.

REALLY glad that I missed out on the other delicacy. :sign20:

saddlebum & I were the first to try the shark and black-death and like someone said(more or less Canadians must rule) I didn't really find too much in taste for the shark(more like chewing rubber)and the blackdeath WAS GOOD and hit the spot real good!

Thanks again StarFan for the opportunity to have met you and sampled your shark!

Would have no problem trying them again!!

Glad you had a good time and hope to see you again!

This is a mans world ! What is it with you guys. Bunch of ol ladies !

Any kid in Iceland has had at least a pound of Shark Meat when turning six years old !

I kind of get the feeling that this club is turning into some kind of a sewing club :confused24:

Seriously - I would like to thank you all for the great time I had with you and this was such a great trip. Such a pleasure meeting you all and having fun with you.

And greatest thanks to Big Tom and Vicky for having me in their home and for getting us all together and making this rallie come true as well as the nice people at Pioneer Motorsports Michelle and Terry for all they did to make this rally come true and for saving me from enjoying Toms snoring for a night, their sons Chad and Kyle and all the staff. Craig and Kim for having me over in Reading, feeding me and taking me around, helping me getting the bike to the shipyard in New Jersey and the list goes on and on and on. Man - Craig is mean on the grill with these steaks :)

Thank you all for the greatest time - you are the greatest bunch of people I have ever met :bighug:

Warmest regards from Iceland ( Boston at the moment - flying home tomorrow)

Again - thank you all so much :)

Jonas Samuel A. Lilliendahl :beer:

Hi Jonas! Come back!!! We miss you. I couldn't help but notice that you have acquired another middle name....(Samuel????) Thank God you were not drinking Heinken... or a Shirley Temple...

Stay safe and have a good trip home. We will talk soon.

Love to you, Greta and the boys :bighug: