IGNORED

Solution to: J&M + Mr. Gasket 42S = Noise

bknsaddle

Type less, Say more....

2006 RSTD + J&M CB + Mr. Gasket 42S = Interference

Interference is being radiated from the power wiring and entering the CB thru the antenna. Trust me.

Solution:

AutoZone: Duralast F1598 Condenser - about $6.00

Connect Condenser wire to hot lead (blue wire) going to Mr. Gasket 42S.

Mount Condenser body to grounded location (I enlarged hole to mount as shown).

90% solution.

• 8 months later...
Type less, Say more....

2006 RSTD + J&M CB + Mr. Gasket 42S = Interference

Interference is being radiated from the power wiring and entering the CB thru the antenna. Trust me.

Solution:

AutoZone: Duralast F1598 Condenser - about $6.00

Connect Condenser wire to hot lead (blue wire) going to Mr. Gasket 42S.

Mount Condenser body to grounded location (I enlarged hole to mount as shown).

90% solution.

This is an interesting topic as I use the Mr. Gasket 42S fuel pumps on my auxiliary fuel tanks for the Hannigan trike conversions. Anyone with my auxiliary tank set up want to test this out?

Larry

So you have the power wire to the pump, and this is connected in-line or just on a double connector type thing? Also the Mr Gasket pump, is not listed as having a check valve in it. Has anyone had issues with it flooding out the carbs while sitting in the garage?

So you have the power wire to the pump, and this is connected in-line or just on a double connector type thing? Also the Mr Gasket pump, is not listed as having a check valve in it. Has anyone had issues with it flooding out the carbs while sitting in the garage?

While I can't say positively for those who've replaced the stock pump with one I can say no one has reported that problem with my trike tank kits. Nor have I had any problems during the last 6-7 years using them in my trikes. But then the fuel pump is below the carb level anyhow as is the auxiliary tank. I looked at factory pumps for my tank kits but prices drove me away. Same for used fuel pumps IF you could even find one.

Larry

Never had a problem with it flooding carbs and never turned the petcock off.

If you remember the sixties, Ben, you weren't really there! :Cartoon_397: :guitarist 2:

That depends .....despite popular belief the sixty's wasn't just about drugs, hippies and psychedelic music .....

There were motorcycles, muscle cars and pickups. horses, country music, rock and roll and BEER. and your memory stayed intact......Most times anyway cause there was BEER

Edited by saddlebum