IGNORED

PrairieHammer and wife went down

Freebird

I didn't realize till I watched the video but, I saw it. I was on my way to Austintown to the QS+L. I was so praying that no one was hurt. At first I was thinking that some idiot had yet another accident. Didn't realize the idiot had taken out a scoot and trailer. Then I saw your scooter and trailer and was just sick in my heart.

Again, so glad you and the Missus are going to be OK.

Edited by JohnT
thought correction

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I had just seen two pretty violent accidents, and when I saw yours, I was like "ok time to hang this bike up! It's stupid day!" I could kinda tell what happened just rolling up on the aftermath. The feeling is sick to your stomach and gut wrenching, You don't know what to do, people are already helping out and you feel like you might piss someone off or get into the way, so its a slow escape from the scene feeling sorry for the riders and figuring you will ALWAYS wonder what happened.

In this case, amazingly I know. Trust me when I say, I though you both bought the farm! ATGATT certainly played into you making your own luck. I was in ALL my gear to as hot as it was that day.

I am not so familiar with the first gen bike, and maybe I did not look at the bike so close, other than it was up side down, I seriously thought it was a GW and I came home and posted what I just saw on FB. Then read about it here 2 days later. Like WOW!

I am So glad you two are alright and look Fwd to Meeting you someday. Get a new bike and I am in line to buy you a Bell.

Everything happens for a reason. Everything.

Mike, small world indeed. We were coming from COOK FOREST S.P. (having camped there the night before) on the way to Guilford Lake SP near Lisbon, OH.

I don't suppose you waved when you went by our wreck?

• 3 weeks later...
Hi, all.

Thanks for the expressions of concern.

We are both battered and bruised, but thanks to our ATGATT policy we endured the episode with minor injury. Our leather saved us a lot of skin. Most of the gear is trashed (worn through in several places) but better leather than skin.

Holy CRAP, Kevin....this is the first I've read about your crash.

A POX on inattentive car drivers.....everywhere!!!

I'm so sorry to hear about you guys being injured and the destruction of the bike and trailer; as others have said, I sure hope the insurance companies don't jerk you around.

Ironically, the first DAY I installed my Stebel airhorn two years ago, an old lady in a Buick tried the same thing with me. I WAS LUCKY.....and thankfully she was merging INTO me from the RIGHT.....which was just where the trumpet on my horn points!! Thank goodness she wasn't deaf (on top of RUDE). One good blast on my new toy and SHE was running onto the shoulder! But, it could have been the same outcome as yours.

The good thing is that you both lived to tell the tale.

Be well my friends.......and hopefully the FINAL outcome is a generous cash settlement that results in some "happy hunting" for a new bike and gear.

Hope you were't shy about hiring a good lawyer!

Regards,

Mike and Jackie

Thank goodness you two are ok. Some dummies just don't see ANYTHING alongside them or they expect whatever is there to get out of their way. How we are supposed to do that when there is no room to go anywhere [safely that is] is always the question.

I'm always getting strange looks from people who wonder why I ride either MOTGATT or ATTGATT at all times even down here in the heat of south Texas. You two are thankfully living & breathing examples of just why I do so.

AS for finding a replacement, I've no doubt that the gang on here will find whatever you want to replace that lovely rig.

Just saw this today as well. Missed it when we were on vacation.

Glad you and your wife weren't seriously hurt. I'm sure you've been counting your blessings every day.

Hopefully you can post an update on how the two of you are doing and what your plans are for a replacement bike.

Kevin I also missed this post the 1st time around, I was away on the road visiting my sister.

I'm so glad to hear you and your wife are alright.

Our talks at M.D. this year, has been one of the highlights of my summer (That does sound like I live a sad and lonely life.) the banter we had back & forth about U. S. & Canadian relations was down right entertaining. So glad my favourite "Ugly American" is safe!

So your Yammie was a right off!......is that why you were hinting you still own that old CB750??

You going to bring her back?

Hope you and your wife have no lasting ill effects from this take care and as other's have asked keep us posted.

Tooch