IGNORED

don't know what it is

just down under the speedo/ tach housing is a box with a tiny toggle switch and a light which is not lit. what is it for? thanks.:confused:

Without having a handle on the year of your Venture I cannot say what it is you describe, but if it is a First Gen Venture, the described apparatus is not stock. Apparently added by a PO.

A pic might be nice just so we can see how the PO added some accessory switches.

It is for the passenger ejection seat, for when you have just had enough. They also installed radar deflection shields for going past a police radar undetected. Be careful turning it on as to be sure which mode it is in.

:cool10:

I thought it was for the manual v-boost or to arm the nitrous system. :stirthepot:

The 2nd gens just think that all 1st gens have nitrous or v-boost.....:whistling:

The switch could be to turn off the spark to a couple a cylinders so that you can ride WITH a 2nd gen.....:stickpoke:

That switch is not an OEM switch, follow the wires to see what they are connected to. It could even be for something that is no longer installed on the bike.

The 2nd gens just think that all 1st gens have nitrous or v-boost.....:whistling:

The switch could be to turn off the spark to a couple a cylinders so that you can ride WITH a 2nd gen.....:stickpoke:

That switch is not an OEM switch, follow the wires to see what they are connected to. It could even be for something that is no longer installed on the bike.

I got it this time... It's a automatic seafoam dispenser one in each saddle bag. :detective:

not a very good pic QSWITCH? dot?

I suspect "DOT" is for Department of Transportation, ie, DOT approved. Perhaps a headlight modulator?

More information please. Can you read any other information on the box?

Q-Switch is a name used by Sound Off, Inc for various headlight flashers, perhaps for emergency vehicles.

Edited by Prairiehammer

I suspect "DOT" is for Department of Transportation, ie, DOT approved. Perhaps a headlight modulator?

More information please. Can you read any other information on the box?

Q-Switch is a name used by Sound Off, Inc for various headlight flashers, perhaps for emergency vehicles.

I second the headlight modulator idea, with the cooling fins etc. :080402gudl_prv: