IGNORED

Rear end whine

I have noticed recently a whine coming from the rear end when going through left curves. It seems most noticable when the bike is in 4th and 5th gear. I do not hear it when going through right hand curves. I have read about clicking noises in earlier posts but this is a loud whine. I also am certain that it is not the tranny whine you hear on metric bikes. Anyone got any ideas? Is it a bad bearing? I have not been able to get to the shop yet to have it checked out.

Tires eh? I never thought of that. I have the Yammy original Bridgestone tires on and have just over 7000 miles on them. I know that is not alot of miles but with being down for a couple surgeries and the rain last summer, it was the best I could do.

Thanks for the info.

I think you just answered the question. :) The Bridgestones can be VERY noisy. At the end of last summer, I had just about worn out my Michelin on the rear. Another member here had a Bridgestone with only a couple of thousand miles on it that he gave to me. Actually, it was the wheel that I wanted, he has converted to a trike, and the wheel happened to have the Bridgestone on it. I truly do HATE that tire. The noise drives me crazy. It will be coming off before riding weather.

Tires eh? I never thought of that. I have the Yammy original Bridgestone tires on and have just over 7000 miles on them. I know that is not alot of miles but with being down for a couple surgeries and the rain last summer, it was the best I could do.

Thanks for the info.

I could not believe how much quieter mine got after changing from Brickstones.

Guys (& gals!) If you put the fish tail straight pipes on you will never notice the whinning either from the tires, clutch box or the whinner on the pass seat - until she slaps you on the helmet because you are whinning out the bike in 3rd gear and hittin 90+ LOL! :cool10:

• 1 month later...
Guys (& gals!) If you put the fish tail straight pipes on you will never notice the whinning either from the tires, clutch box or the whinner on the pass seat - until she slaps you on the helmet because you are whinning out the bike in 3rd gear and hittin 90+ LOL! :cool10:

Nope aint so, I have the fishtails and the whine drowns out the pipes:no-no-no: