IGNORED

Back Surgery Tuesday Morning

VentureYZ

After about 15 years of fighting lower back pain it is finally time to bite the big one and have my back fixxed. So Tuesday morning it is going to happen. I have been a member to this forum now for about 2 1/2 years and have made it to Don's MD day the last two years and have met some of the most wonderful people that one could ever meet, This was challenge for me to even make it this year due to my back. The 87 two tone silver XVZ I was riding was a 2 year frame off restoration and I just got it completed 2 weeks before the trip to Oberlien. I told myself and my wife that if nothing else before my surgery I wanted to make this trip happen to once again meet the friends that helped me through this bike project and also share things that I learned during the rebuild process, and of course meet new friends. When we left Oberlien at 9:30 am on Sunday we had 225 miles to ride. We pulled in our drivway at 5:00 pm due to fact that I was in so much pain I was stopping every 20 miles to try and relieve back pain.

Good luck with your surgery, my wife has had extensive back surgeries in the last three years, she still needs more, but she is much better than she was. Just listen to the Dr's and so as they say. Looks like I will be getting mine done very soon also, back pain really puts a damper on riding.............

Good luck and God Bless, we will be praying for you.

After 25 years of chronic low back pain, I had successful spinal fusion (L5-S1) in 2007. Best thing I ever had done. I do have a little of that nervy thing in my left leg and foot now, but it doesn't compare to the pain I was in prior to surgery. I can lilve with it for sure.

Praying for your successful operation and problem-free recovery.

Rusty

After commenting on your thread this morning Mike I guess I thought you needed company for a while. Went to the gym and did bent over rows with 225 lbs. OUCH!! Old men ain't supposed to do that!! Hope you recover quickly!!I'm wondering if I will ever walk again!!Did I say OUCH?? I knew better than that but working out with Kids.......It just made me think how it would be to be in this shape all the time. GOOD LUCK!!!

Well I am glad you made it to MD and it was great meeting you and the Mrs. you hid that back pain pretty well as I had no idea you were hurting. Wish you all the best for a positive outcome and a speedy recovery, see ya next year at MD:080402gudl_prv:

Craig

• 2 weeks later...

Well, my lower back surgery almost went without a glitch. I came home the next day and by Thursday early morning my backpain was unbearable. Contacted the Dr. and he doubled me up on pain and muscle relaxers, no help. Dr. said go back to hospital and get an ERI. By this time the pain was so bad I could not move. Had to call the life squad to cart me back to the hospital. MRI showed a large blood clot in my lower back pushing on the nerve bundle. So off to surgery again to fix the blood clot. Everything went well, I am home sitting and walking, so I hope it stays this way until I regain my strength back.

• 2 months later...

Well it has been 3 months since my back surgery. 2 weeks after the surgery I started therapy and 6 weeks into that my doctor had a cow due to the fact they wasn't doing anything. Had to change therapy place and the current one seems to be working. I exercise in the morning and night and am up to walking a mile a day. In the last week my back is feeling better and better. Went to the doctor Monday and am going back to work 10-7. Am looking toward to that. Had the Venture and the V-65 Sabre fired up today ( Sunoco gas mixxed with Av gas and a little Seafoam does wonders). Still hoping to get some riding in yet this year, hopefully we will have a long fall before cold sets in. That's all I have for now, just wanted to give an update.