IGNORED

Insurance coverage in Ontario

Marcarl

We had a discussion after dinner last night about insurance coverage in Ontario, and how it might compare to other places. So I looked on my policy and here is how it breaks out:

Cost for coverage: $507.00 for 12 months.

$50.00 for $2 mil liability, that provides coverage for bodily injury to all involved.

$277.00 for Accident benefits, provides for expenses incurred, such as loss of wages, funerals, travel and living, and other such none bodily expenses.

$9.00 for uninsured coverage, just in case the other person doesn't have insurance.

$75.00 Direct Compensation, provides for the payment of claims even when it's the other persons fault.

$96.00 for OPCF 44R or Family Protection Coverage which mostly provides funds in case there isn't enough available from either the person at fault or other such things,, kind of, it's a lot of reading and can get confusing.

So there you have it. This is for a 1st gen with no collision coverage or fire and theft, the scoot is too old to have coverage, so that would cost some more.

Well, I had posted before about insurance, but here is mine at a closer look:

Property Damage...50,000...........$33.52

Personal Injury Protection

and Optional Basic

Economic Loss..........................$6.80

Bodily Injury...50,000/100,000.....$27.30

Total......................................$67.62

Statefarm in upstate NY. I also have a car under the policy and an accident prevention course discount. This is also for One Year of Coverage.

For $350/yr here in Florida

Policy coverages:Bodily Injury:$10,000 person/$20,000 accidentProperty Damage:$10,000 property damageUninsured/ Underinsured Motorist Bodily Injury:No coverage Medical Payments:$2,500 each personTransport Trailer: No coverageVehicle coverages for 2007 YAMAHA XVZ13TF :Physical Damage Options:Actual Cash ValueComprehensive:$500 deductibleCollision:$500 deductibleDisappearing Deductibles:SelectedRoadside Assistance:No coverageAccessory coverage:$3,000 (Included)

Now you see what I meant about medical Carl. All of our vehicle policies have it and based on the perception of personal injury in an accident it goes up. Funny thing on mine was the wifes Nissan car had higher accident benefits than my bike. I guess the car is more unsafe than the bike.(haha)

Last years insurance thru Riders Plus in Ontario for an '09 RSV :

$1,000,000 liability

Premium :

Bodily Injury $176

Property Damage $19

Accident Benefits (Standard Benefits) $501

Uninsured Automobile $14

Direct Compensation Property Damage $64

Collision ($1,000 deductable) $95

Comprehensive ($1,000 deductable) $141

Family Protection Coverage $69

Total Auto and Occasional Driver Premium $1,010

Total Policy Premium $1,079

Finance Charge (pay over 6 months) $32.37

GRAND TOTAL $1,111.37

I was paying $800 per year.

That's just liability...no collision or comp.

I asked about putting another bike on the road....ANOTHER $800.

I pointed out that my wife does not have a motorcycle license so only one bike at a time would be on the road....but no matter....full price anyway.

Something seems wrong with that.

Now...I have my 88VR and my 2013 Nissan Sentra insured (full coverage on car) for $1528

Basic 1 mil 3rd party: $794

I don't buy anything more than basic insurance from ICBC (govn't ins co) coz I get the rest from a private carrier.

All Perils coverage with $1000 deductible from the priv ins co costs me $288/yr

they take the 6 month's coverage and pro-rate it for the year. Don't think you can remove coverage over the winter. Them's the rules... and you can't argue with an insurance company !

Riders plus is the same as what I have. You pay pro rated see below.

The only way you can stop paying is to cancel if you cancel there is a bunch of other BS. They may not cover you when you want coverage or have to pay higher fees. They get you either way.

If you have an accident you live with that for the next 5 years. No jumping around or else they just do not cover you or charge big bucks once again. 1,100 you would be happy to pay HAHA.

November, December, January, and February is 0%

March is 5%

April is 10%

May is 10%

June July and August is 20%

September is 10%

October is 5%

• 5 weeks later...

I am with riders plus and for my 89 VR plus a clean driving record I am paid $900.00 this year up from just under $800.00 last year

$557.00 for $1,000,000.00 Liability

$195.00 for bodily injury

$ 21.00 for property damage

$ 15.00 for uninsured motorist

$ 43.00 for direct property damage (what ever that is )

$ 69.00 for family protection

No collision or fire and theft

-------------------------------------------------

$900.00 total :bang head:

All of my insurance (home, cottage, sled, boats, etc) is with the same

company, so the max discounts apply. Also, I am an old guy with no claims.

My current annual cost is $434 for 1M liability plus standard accident benefits, property damage and OPCF 44R Family Protection Coverage, whatever that means. Keep in mind that this coverage is for a 1st gen with a low market value.