IGNORED

Adding Rear Lighting ?

I am thuinking of adding sopme more rear lighting to my RSTD. I did see some where a while back that you can add a Harley rear lighting kit. If so wouyld some one please help me find it. I am not very good at looking something up.

I did try a search on the site here and also did a Google search. I am thinking if not the Harley lights, then maybe a led type license plate light kit. Something easy to wire up and works as brake/stop,left - right - singnals,and running/park lights. I saw that someone had a license plate with amber lights on the left right.

Any and all help is much appreciated. I have a ride planned to arkansa on May 18th and would like to have them on before then.

Thank you.

James,

When it comes to Harley rear lights on a RSV or RSD, I have to once again mention the best looking HD rear light assembly I have ever seen, is the set of rear Harley lights that Davecb has on his RSV.

Davecb can be located in the Alabama community section and you could maybe send him a p-email asking him what part number HD light assembly he has on his or see if he can send/post a photo for you to see..

If I ever went back to a RSV, I would spend many a night searching for a rear light set like he has.

http://www.customdynamics.com/motorcycle_dynamic_clusters.htm

I can look for a pic I have one not sure where

I can snap another later

Wow, thanks Dave. I did not know that these different rear lighting set ups where possible. I talked to them at Custom Dynamics, and they told me these did not need any any extra relays or the such. Just some simple wiring. I can handle that.

Thank you very much. However I am still going to look into the Harley rear light kit. Because of others advise and the fact that I saw one and thought it really looked great and would be very efficient in lighting up the rear of my bike. I really think the new lighting in the LEDs and is a great idea and with today's drivers a safety must. So many drivers on cell phones and texting that it really has become a dreaded happening when out two wheel riding. Also besides the fact of so many drivers/vehicles on the roads now. I work for State HWY Dept. here in KY and I can tell you for a fact that there are way more people burning up costly gas for no apparent reason. If you are flagging all day on a busy road and the same vehicles come by, back and forth all day, there where are they going ?

:confused24: :mo money:

Thank you very much Sir for the help.

James,

When it comes to Harley rear lights on a RSV or RSD, I have to once again mention the best looking HD rear light assembly I have ever seen, is the set of rear Harley lights that Davecb has on his RSV.

Davecb can be located in the Alabama community section and you could maybe send him a p-email asking him what part number HD light assembly he has on his or see if he can send/post a photo for you to see..

If I ever went back to a RSV, I would spend many a night searching for a rear light set like he has.

Thanks Eck. I will look him up and send a message. That is exactly what I was wanting more information about. Of course the money is a plus or minus also. I know if it is Harley, then the price is up there. I really like the LED lighting to. So I will compare the money difference and make up my mind.

Thank you.

:thumbsup2:

For "extra extra" lighting I am adding hyper lites 16led running/brake lights to the underside of the cargo rack on my RSV. I wanted to have a physically high up stop light.

I will be mounting them this weekend and will post photos.

I am interested in the 100 led replacement for stock.

And will investigate.

VentureFar....

Here is a link for how to do it on the Venture, Could work for a Tour DeLuxe.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3768

Also here is a shameless plug for my product, you will not need it for the Harley Lights, but could be helpful if you are ading other additional lights.

http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=4201&title=auxillary-tail-light-harness-for-tour-deluxe&cat=35

I just added their 100 LED tail light to my 02..... wow what a difference.

Is this the part number for the 2nd gen RSV 100 led board

Item: GEN-100-1157YAM

How does the board secure inside the housing?

And

What do you mean by "wow what a difference"?

My goal is to be as visibly "loud" as possible both front and rear.

Thanks.

VentureFar...

I just added their 100 LED tail light to my 02..... wow what a difference.

I also have the 100 LED from them as well as an additional light bar that M16A1MECH/ Steve helped install on by far the coldest damn day in the history of Florida weather. Both lights definitely add safety and brightness.

Thanks Obber,

I added this light bar to my watch list until I make up my mind. I am going to do just that, make up my mind today and order some lights. Thank you everyone for all your help. I am thinking this would look great with some led lighting added to it. Plenty of room for that to on this light bar. I believe it would not be that big of a deal to add to my Tour Deluxe. Looks like it will almost bolt right up. What do you all think ? :confused24:

And

Thanks.

VentureFar...

That's it! It sits flush against the three screw hole posts. I had one on my rstd (sold) and it was substantially brighter than the standard bulb. Definitely recommend it.

Here is a link for how to do it on the Venture, Could work for a Tour DeLuxe.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3768

Also here is a shameless plug for my product, you will not need it for the Harley Lights, but could be helpful if you are ading other additional lights.

http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=4201&title=auxillary-tail-light-harness-for-tour-deluxe&cat=35

Thank you M6 I appreciate the help. I have saw that HOW TO link before and was looking for it. Thanks a bunch. I may go for the plug also.

And

Thanks.

VentureFar...

Yes that is the part #. The board is held in place with the stock lens screws. The WOW is taking it from a faint glow to a christmas tree brightness on the back of the bike. From 1 light to 100 lights.... go figure.

Fuzzy are you looking for more tail lamps or brake lamps or both? When I had my rstd I had the 100 led board tail/brake light and I put an inspection sticker plate (jp cycles part #600-447) behind the license plate and mountad a Whelen TIR3 led strobe to it. Made an awesome auxiliary brake light. I programmed mine not to strobe. Between the whelen and the custom dynamic led board it was very bright and clean setup.

Also wiring is a very easy with the wiring directly behind the license plate.