IGNORED

Blowing off steam

dwatson636

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so I don't give a Rats A$$ about the FB page or any of the other drama. BUT does expired memberships still have access to my profile information my phone number and now a stick pin on the map where I live. I didn't post that information until after I had been here awhile and began to trust the folks here. But don't worry I don't have a Rats A$$ to give away. Off my :soapbox:

You forgot to mention the SPOT satellite GPS we attached to the underbelly of your truck.....:whistling:

Since this thread started that facebook page is down 9 members to 668.

I joined the facebook page and became member 669 and was reading some of the posts. When I read all of the comments posted which were by the page owner and some members gloating that they aren't members but get their info from the "I refuse to pay" sites I had to post a comment. I did NOT attack anyone there, just stated a few reasons why I chose to join an unmentioned site and the differences between a facebook group that doesn't cost the page owner any money whatsoever and a hosted site that the owner of the forum pays for hosting, forum licensing and disk space.

One comment that had been posted by a member of the facebook page was that he wasn't a member on the pay site that has a maintenance day coming up but if he lived closer he would go anyway. I posted how it is a free day for members and likened what he suggested to taking a book from the library but not having a membership card.

Couple posts from Sonny saying I was telling people to join a paid site. My posts (but not his) suddenly disappeared.... and I was no longer member 669.

I did NOT post anything offensive, didn't attack Sonny or any member, simply stated there are costs involved in having a hosted site and that I've gotten a lot of information/support/made friends. I made no mention of a paid site by name nor did I tell people that they need to join a paid site.

Talk about censorship. Say anything that doesn't support the page owner's opinion and your posts get deleted and you get excommunicated. I understand that it is his page and all... but really ! If I say I like brand X of a particular part but he likes brand Y... does that mean your opinion gets deleted along with you???

Seriously... I did not attack him nor tell anyone to join a pay site. I typed my thoughts, reread them to make sure they wouldn't be offensive... even lightened a few words to make sure nothing could be taken offensively.

I also resigned after reading his rants, so I posted my opinion, never mentioned this or any other site by name and he said I was spamming and advertising on his page.........

My post:

Lewis Cramer I dont think of it as spamming as much as trying to help a fellow biker. No one gets a commission or free membership for getting people to join, most join because they feel its a good value for all the great info. With that I am out of here also. Didnt come here much anyway.

31 minutes ago

Her is his reply:

Sonny Rattan Why is it so hard for people to understand that I am trying to keep the page free of ANY ads for ANY sites? First one site wants to put ads up, then the other site, then another site. Next we have Honda advertising it's bikes, then maybe some cell phone companies. I do not remove links to articles on any sites, paid or not. What I DO remove, is posts, where the principle content is recruitment of members. Why is it that the owner of the site clearly understands, but some of you can't? I don't think I can be any clearer. And for the record, no one needs to announce they are going, just go if you feel like it.

Wow and you guys complain about an attitude that you see in HD riders, double standard I guess. Reading Lew's post it looks like the guy just doesn't want anybody talking about other sites, so what, don't go to his site then , whats the big deal.

It's not like this site isn't packed with a bunch of rules we are forced to follow. I have never been to this guys site but it is his to run the way he wants, if you dont like it than who cares.:)

I wasn't trying to ruffle Sonny's feathers. I personally don't like his attitude that it is alright to scavenge info from here and other paid sites and not be a member. His deleting posts that he can't dispute (facebook group is no cost to him; hosted sites cost the owner of the site $ to run and membership recoups those costs). I'm actually glad he isn't a member here !

For Freebird and the moderators reading this thread... it's experiences at other sites that make us appreciate what you do. Tolerance and moderation, allowing references to other sites, not deleting posts you don't agree with.... Thank you !

I have seen many people on his page advertising their wares to sell. Specifically the guy that makes the diamond cut heads for the Royal Stars. I am not sure if he is from here as well, but whats the difference? Ads are ads. Is he forcing people to his site to purchase his stuff. No and neither were we. He is the one talking about Honda and cell phone companies???

I just received an Facebook, message from (Sonny Rattan, The guy that set up that other forum.

(I quote) You are a total Douchebag. trying to advertise that other page. I guess this is what retards do, (a few other choice words) and To Go FK !!! myself ass wipe. Its a shame he lives in another country.

I'd like to go knock on his door.

Just cause I'm good at finding people, he's from Hamilton Ontario

take me with you.

For Freebird and the moderators reading this thread... it's experiences at other sites that make us appreciate what you do. Tolerance and moderation, allowing references to other sites, not deleting posts you don't agree with.... Thank you !

Well said

Larry

Well....there is no drama at the Venrureriders Facebook page. I haven't seen any complaints on there yet. We don't get "butthurt" from minor things. That's the problem with this country. Too many people getting offended over nothing. Suck it up Nancy!!