IGNORED

zipper repair on textile jacket

djh3

I picked up a Fieldsheer textile jacket from a fellow. The zipper end at bottom where you put it together is gone. So I need to replace the zipper. I tried looking up to buy one but it dont look like I can find one. Anybody ever replaced one of these? The large zipper teeth measure about 1/4" and th zipper is 20" long.

Jan does this all the time.

Carefully remove the existing zipper and go to the local material store. They'll should be able to match you up with a new one.

If you aren't comfortable with sewing in the new one, a local seemstress will do it fairly inexpensively. You've already done the most painful part.

Dave

Yep, a reliable tailor shoud be able to fix you up fine.

We have a shop down here called "The Sneaker Doctor". Well that's his main line of work and these days he's doing more business than the corner cobbler. BUT..... he has a zipper service in his shop also. Pants and jeans, boots and gloves, hoodies and jackets, camping gear and anything with a zipper. Either he repairs it or replaces it. I lost count of how many zipper keepers he's done for me while I was standing at the counter in a few minutes. Tell him what you don't like about a zipper and he'll find one that suits your needs.

I've had him replace zippers in SWAT boots and leather jackets for me. Drop them off and have 'em back in a day or two.

Might check around and see if you have somebody like that locally.

I've replaced my own zippers to. I really like having somebody else to it.