IGNORED

automotive tire retailer

payntor

Honestly I think you should come to Riverhead NY and buy them from Scottys D&E Tire Service but if you need to buy online www.tirerack.com is good. I will tell you though that I would shop local as buy the time you pay shipping and then pay to have the tires mounted any good shop shold be right at the same price. Figure about 10 per tire for shipping and about 15 for mounting (Lowball price). When all the numbers are crunched you really dont save much if any. Also if you have a problem with the tire try getting anyone local to warranty it which means now you have to get it dismounted and ship it to them. Local is the best bet.

note:if you buy tires from a independant,dealer,even thro they are large in your area,and it is a brand name tire,the warrent may not be any good out of there area,i put goodyears on my van form a local dealer,runed a tire in denver,goodyear would not do the warrenty,cause,the local dealer,carred the warrent,that is my :2cents: worth

i ordered my tires from phat performance and i know if you do a search on the site you will find a lot of people order from southwest moto when i ordered my tires i only saved a couple bucks and it took almost two weeks to get my order you may want to keep that in mind as the people that order from Southwest moto only took a few days

http://www.phatperformanceparts.com/

http://www.swmototires.com/

good luck

Dray he is looking for Car tires and not the bike. I use southwest moto for my bike tires too.

Jim there is a part of the size missing. Im thinking it is a 225/70R-15. In the 60s they never made made the BFG Radial T/A. and I think back then it was a H78-15 bias. Just check the size on the car and I will get you the info that you need.

thanks dic and la for your input.

scott,

i'm looking to replace the tires on my 65 corvette which has spent most of it's recent life in the garage. i put bf goodrich ta radials g/70-15 on it 35 years ago.

thanks, jim

Don't worry about putting tires on that old thing. just give me your address and I will come haul it off so you won't have to mess with it. :Bunny:

scott, i bought the tires in the early '70s when the first t/a came out. and yes i think the 225/70-r15 tis the metric equivalent.

mike, no you can't haul it back to texas. but if you're real nice i'll let you drive it next time you're in town.

jeff, thanks for the input.

rick, these photos are really old and faded. '74 sunrise on daytona beach.

mike, no you can't haul it back to texas. but if you're real nice i'll let you drive it next time you're in town.

Does that offer go for me too?

By the way, I can't believe you drove it on the beach. IN THE SALT WATER!

Great car...

Do you have the Discount Tire chain in your area? I have used them a few times. Once a customer, free rotate and flat repair for life. Even if you buy a new car and tires did not come from there. If you are in their system, your always a customer.

scott,

Does that offer go for me too?

By the way, I can't believe you drove it on the beach. IN THE SALT WATER!

Better be careful with those offers, Jim! We've got over 4 thousand members here. :scratchchin: Hmmmm...Let's see....at 10 miles each.... thats 40,000+ extra miles on that 'vette! By the way, I'm in Winfield every Sept for the Walnut Valley Festival! I'll call next year.:whistling: I might even let you drive my '50 Jimmy Stake Bed that I bought this year in Winfield and drove home to Ga!

Hey Vance, he ain't worried, salt don't effect fiberglass! :rotf:

Hey Vance, he ain't worried, salt don't effect fiberglass! :rotf:

True Todd, unfortunately the whole car is not made out of corrosion resistant material. Anyone who lives near the coast knows that salt water can rust everything, even your tennis shoes.