IGNORED

Really Disappointed

Freebird

I was driving through Indianapolis today and listening to the XM radio through my Garmin. A Carrie Underwood song was ending and I heard "...if you want to see Carrie Underwood in person, Exit in .8 miles at exit 83"....WOW.....YES...I DO want to meet Carrie Underwood in person.

Then I realized that my GPS had cut in at just the perfect moment to guide me to the address that I had put it.

I was driving through Indianapolis today and listening to the XM radio through my Garmin. A Carrie Underwood song was ending and I heard "...if you want to see Carrie Underwood in person, Exit in .8 miles at exit 83"....WOW.....YES...I DO want to meet Carrie Underwood in person.

Then I realized that my GPS had cut in at just the perfect moment to guide me to the address that I had put it.

:Laugh: :Laugh: :Laugh: :Laugh: :sign funny post:

Don, she is playing in Windsor on the 29th. We have two tickets we need to get rid of because we're going south. Interested?

Naw, she will be closer one of these days and maybe I'll go see her.

Freebird, she doesnt carrie about you............................:rotf:

She does so. :rasberry:

Guest tx2sturgis

I'm not a fan of the tv show American Idol, but when I found out several years ago that this 'idol', who got her start on the show, declined to let the later contestants sing her songs on the show, wow....I really lost all respect for her.

Then, she sang a song that seemed to say it was cool to destroy a guy's four wheel drive if he drinks with another lady.

Yeah, shes cute and all, but singing 'formula country' is not artistic in my book.

But, of course, to each his own.

I will pass on seeing this lady. There are PLENTY of cute, talented women in country music who do not behave this way.

Just my :2cents:.

Brian,

Where did you hear that? I don't know that it's not true but I have heard contestants sing her songs and I know that she has come back and performed on Idol several times.

As for the song, hey...it's just a song...I actually like that one.

Like you said though, to each their own...just promise me if you sacrifice any time with her that you will give it to me. :)

Guest tx2sturgis
Brian,

Where did you hear that?

It was several years ago, and I believe I may have mixed up her and Kelly Clarkson...my mistake...and although it was apparently worked out legally, I think this gal was truly disrespecting the way she got her start. I managed to find a few references to the episode.

Just my 2 :2cents: you know. Pop divas arent really my cup of tea, so forgive me if I get them mixed up.

http://www.andpop.com/2006/01/21/carrie-underwood-to-american-idol-contestants-sing-my-songs/

It was several years ago, and I believe I may have mixed up her and Kelly Clarkson...my mistake...and although it was apparently worked out legally, I think this gal was truly disrespecting the way she got her start. I managed to find a few references to the episode.

Just my 2 :2cents: you know. Pop divas arent really my cup of tea, so forgive me if I get them mixed up.

http://www.andpop.com/2006/01/21/carrie-underwood-to-american-idol-contestants-sing-my-songs/

Brian, She's an Oklahoma girl. How could you not like her?

Guest tx2sturgis
Brian, She's an Oklahoma girl. How could you not like her?

Like?

Oh those gals are purdy to look at, and if one of them knocked on the door and needed a man to change her car tire, you know I'd be right there! :smile5:

But as far as choosing to listen to their music, or buying it, or attending a concert...I always seem to be doing something else....

:whistling:

The important thing here is where/when were you in Indy??? If I had known, I MIGHT have offered to buy lunch. I am a Buckeye by birth, watched The OSU women's basketball team whip Minnesota last night. You can't take advantage of freebies unless you let us know.

Oh, yeh, you were probably here on business and got a free lunch anyway.:doh: