IGNORED

Play In Steering

Thomas

I have a 2004 RSV with 11,000 miles on it. It feels like I am getting some play in my steering. Have anybody had this problem with their RSV.

Thomas

With only 11k miles I wouldn't have thought your steering would have loosened up but it could. What are the condition of your tires? Are they the original tires or new ones? Often tire condition will translate into how your steering feels. Front or rear can make for a bit of a loose feel if there is some cupping and that can be hard to see sometimes. That's been my experience anyway. If you have a lift, follow the info in the tech area and see if the steering feels loose.

Cheers

Black Ice has a good point there, after our 10000 mile trip this summer my rear tire is shot and flattening out and cupping. I have noticed that it feels funny like the steering head is loose. Check the condition of your tires, it may be the culprit as I'm sure that is what is causing my shimmy.

With only 11k miles I wouldn't have thought your steering would have loosened up but it could. What are the condition of your tires? Are they the original tires or new ones? Often tire condition will translate into how your steering feels. Front or rear can make for a bit of a loose feel if there is some cupping and that can be hard to see sometimes. That's been my experience anyway. If you have a lift, follow the info in the tech area and see if the steering feels loose.

Cheers

I just replaced my tires 3 thousand miles ago and that made a world of difference from the original one.

Thomas