IGNORED

You might not believe this...

usedcyclesales

I just purchased a 2003 venture yesterday and the guy who owned it NEVER put gas with ethanol in it 24k miles without ethanol , wow. He lives outside of Inverness which is located in the middle of Florida swamp area you see a lot of air boats on the back of pick up trucks going down the road. also, he told me to fill up at the PILOT gas station (non-ethanol fuel there) that was at the entrance to his neighborhood. I go to put my credit card in the slot at the pump, can't find it . a guy in a pickup pulls up gets out and starts to pump gas , so I pick the non ethanol lift the handle and pump the gas ONLY $4.49 a gallon. I don't know about you guys but i haven't seen a gas station without a pre-pay in 20 years and I'm serious. I'm really sad though I'm gonna eventually have to put that crap ethanol in this bike it's a real shame.

Here you go, guys...just trying to help us old guys out.

:backinmyday:

Now is the time to make a selection on fuel Stabilizer(spelling). I would go with Marvel mystery Oil because of price.Bunch of crackheads are going to scream you don't need it. If you use just a oz or 2 in each tank it should keep the crud Ethanol causes out of there. But they may already have crud not caused by Ethanol just dirty gas. Just my idea do as you want.

i hear this alot on my other forum. i'm lucky. we have non e-gas at every station and MANY/MOSTLY non prepay. i stopped at a station that just opened up and i'm waiting for the pump to come on and that speaker says "you have to prepay". i said OK and went down the street 4 blocks away and bought gas there.

when i did ride before Nov 17th i would google non ethanol gas stations on my route i would plan to ride and only gas up there unless they were closed i know every gas station on the MS coast that sells the real stuff and one is 2 mi. from my house which reminds me i have to fill up my 5 gal. gas can so i can crank the 84 up and let it run for about 1/2hr. or so i do that every 2 weeks ..... and red is cryingto be ridin down the road shes just going to have to wait till doc releases me oh most stations around here are pre pay to close to the interstate and to many drive offs because of bad people with bad intentions

I have an app and also the web site for the same place saved. I forget its name rite now. But almost every time I find a station and make planse to fuel there it is 91 octane or better. I have yet to find 87 oct. WE use to have a station here in town that had race gas that was non-eth, but its gone now too. I guess I could go to the airport and take a can. but thats a hassle.

Do people really have trouble with their bikes due to ethanol gas? What are the sysmptoms if they do? Not trying to be a smart A**. I have 90,000 plus miles on my 2000 MM and I have never had the carbs off and it runs as good as it did when I bought it 2 1/2 years ago with 17,000 miles. I change the plugs every 8-10 thousand miles, I put in 4 oz's of Seafoam in the tank every time I change oil and keep clean air filters. I also Sync the carbs when I change plugs.

The ethanol gas is good for about 2 mos compared to 6 mos of reg gas.

As it attracts water its not a good idea to store in your bike for long periods of time +2mos.

That being said I've been running it in my bike and have never had a problem in 4 years.

I never put it away for the night without topping it off (can't attract water if there is no room for it). Guess its something that was drilled into me from my piloting days... 'Never put and aircraft away with less than a full tank!"

For engines that i know are going to sit awhile i use non-ethanol with stabil and after 6 mos of sitting they will fire right up.

Symptoms: varnished carbs, deteriotated internal carb body "white powder" (water is not friends with aluminum) ... LOL

Our marine shop tested gas at several stations, not all gas is the same and most big brands have different formulations. They checked for ethanol and water and the small off brands and citgo were awful. The bigger stations ie: shell, phillips had better gas. E10 is not the only additive in gas

http://www.fuel-testers.com/order_ethanol_alcohol_fuel_test_kit.html