IGNORED

Someone Up There Does NOT Want Me to Have a Hitch

luke000

Like the title says, Someone up there does NOT want me to have a hitch on my bike :depressed:. IF you guys remember I got a hitch 10 days ago and it had a nice sized crack around the ball. So I quick snatched up a rack/ hitch on fleabay. It took 10 days to get to my house. I got it today!!!!! And it arrived "packed" in plastic wrap. First thing I noticed was THEY DID NOT SEND THE BLACK LOAD BARS :bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head: First thing I did was grab a camera and take a few pictures of it still on my porch then a few as I unwrapped it. Now in the eBay ad it clearly shows the bars (even a pic of them only) the first two pics are from the ad and the rest are @ my house. With a quick Google search i found 2 phone #'s and gave them a call but no answer and no return of my call :no-no-no: and we just sent an Email through eBay and awaiting a reply. I have my bike assembled to the point where I cant go any further until I get my hitch.

On a positive note I rode the venture for the very fist time yesterday! I put an entire 1.1 miles on the clock. :sign woo hoo: FAST

PM me I have a Markland hitch I took off the 83. Never going to use it either.

Larry

The hitch from an 83 will not fit on an 86.

I remember that add all of the hitch parts were clearly shown in the add.

this is not what you want to find out when you are this close to finishing the job. if you have no luck at getting the bars, they look like they could be fabricated pretty easy if you know a good fab. shop.

They would not be hard to fab if you had a set to copy. It would take a while to try to figure out the dimensions and weird angles just by measuring up the bike. Before I mounted mine up I was considering making a complete hitch setup by copying the Markland one that I had. I decided it would be to much of a PITA and cost to make the fixtures to be able to weld everything at the correct angles.

Edited by Flyinfool

I finally got a hold of the seller today (some guy picked up as I was leaving a message, they never did reply to the message sent on eBay) and he told me they shipped the bars shrink wrapped inside with the rack. So now I have to file a claim with FedEx and I got the whole they will come pick it up, assess it, and send me a refund in however many days and send the rack back to the seller. They will only give me up to $100 for the rack and hitch because there was no declared value. The seller said he could sign off on it and I will get the refund and the rack back (and fed Ex said that is a possibility) but the seller also seemed WAY to familiar with the process so it makes me wonder how many times he has done that before and if he would just never sign off on it and get $100 and the rack and just post it back up on eBay. Does anyone just have the bars, It is a markerland hitch.

• 1 month later...
Like the title says, Someone up there does NOT want me to have a hitch on my bike :depressed:.

I know how ya feel Luke. When I bought my bike in '06 I wanted to get a rear light bar/bumper for it right away. Found a few and pretty pricey back then. I found one on fleaBay for a low price and snapped it up. Got it and found some pieces were missing. The seller bless his soul did some very clever photo shots so you couldn't see everything. But the rest looked good. LOL.

Over the next year I found a few other lightbars cheap and was able to find more pieces I needed. I finally had to fab one panel and it was almost ready to mount. Except the inside struts. A member here parted his bar out and I got my struts.

About ready to mount it up and decided I might as well install a hitch before I put the bar on. Another year of searching looking for the best deal and checked the ad photos a lot closer. I do have a learning curve.

Got my hitch and danged if it wasn't mssing a piece or two also. Back to the digging and found pieces here and there. While I was waiting to find those I installed the rear bar.

So after all that shopping around, digging in old parts, fabbing pieces and pulling the light bar off the bike.... again, I got it all together.

In the fall of 2012.

Took a while but with the help of the guys here it worked out fine. Looks like you will probably get yours together a lot faster than I did.

:bowdown:I love this place. :bowdown: