IGNORED

CB / Radio

Road Kill

I have an 07 Venture two tone blue and black. Has anyone experienced any problems with there radio/cb buttons not being responsive? This happens to me off and on since I purchased this bike new last year. Is this radio/cb unit covered under the 5year warranty? Thanks.

Does it happen more frequently when cold? Sounds like you may need to take apart and clean the connectors in the faring. The connectors can vibrate loose and make iffy contact and, when it gets cold, they shrink and don't make contact at all.

If you do it then clean them and put some dielectric grease on the pins before putting it back together, this will help that.

It is still under warranty so you could have the shop do the work instead.

On my bike the cb went "out" on me a couple of times...I kept getting "cb error". Turns out it was a loose connection under the seat.

I found that out after splitting the fairing and putting die-electric grease on all the connections up front. By no means not a waste of time anyway.

Once someone pointed me to under the seat, I did that as well and have had no problems.

I was going to mention the one under the seat as well, but it sounds like he's having problems with the buttons on the audio head and that connector is definitely in the faring.

There are 2 similar connectors under the passenger seat that should have the same thing done to them.

Guest mikekerrigan

This is not a reply but need help.

I have an 03 Venture Royale and had ridden an 85. The radio is so different that I can't figure out how to work it. Can anyone direct me to where I can get operational information about the system.

The person that I bought the bike from had no info at all. I get conflicting information from a dealer and some if these are expensive, and if there is nothing there I don't want to waste the money.

TIA

Mike Kerrigan

Kirt,

Bought my 07 in July and so far I have had it in to the dealer 2 times just for the radio and it's still dosen't work all the time. Mine cuts out, sometimes goes dead, sometimes it fades in and out all by itself, sometimes just by turning the vol knob it will come back. Dealer has been good about it but I'm gonna make them put in a new one when I can get it to them. They have already tried the grease in the connectors without results.

:080402gudl_prv: John

I checked the connections last night under the passenger seat and in the front faring and it appears to be working for now. I am thinking of wraping those large connections with electricial tape to maybe help prevent them from vibrating loose. Anyone have any thoughts on this?:think:

• 9 months later...

I talked to the Stealer this morning about my CB not working. It is an intermittent problem. I can hear everyone else talking...can not transmit. I can hear my passenger talking... she can not hear me. I thought maybe a problem with the headset and Mic, traded mine out for my wife's ...same thing. I am also having another problem with changing radio stations. The bike is an '04 RSV with about 30,000 miles on the clock. I also complained about the cassette door hanging closed. I don't use the cassette player but I do use the Aux jack for Sirius radio and for my MP3 player. Also mentioned that whenever I get the horn wet, either by washing the bike or getting caught in the rain...the horn quits working.

The Dealer told me to call him back on Tuesday with the mileage and the se`rial numbers from the bike.... said that he would have to contact Yamaha for warranty info, cuz the warranty has "levels" on the audio equipment. Anyone ever heard of this???? and what can I expect? I thought the warranty was bumper to bumper unlimited milage for 5 years. I feel like he's setting me up to screw me out of some money. Any comments?

• 2 weeks later...
I talked to the Stealer this morning about my CB not working. It is an intermittent problem. I can hear everyone else talking...can not transmit. I can hear my passenger talking... she can not hear me. I thought maybe a problem with the headset and Mic, traded mine out for my wife's ...same thing. I am also having another problem with changing radio stations. The bike is an '04 RSV with about 30,000 miles on the clock. I also complained about the cassette door hanging closed. I don't use the cassette player but I do use the Aux jack for Sirius radio and for my MP3 player. Also mentioned that whenever I get the horn wet, either by washing the bike or getting caught in the rain...the horn quits working.

The Dealer told me to call him back on Tuesday with the mileage and the se`rial numbers from the bike.... said that he would have to contact Yamaha for warranty info, cuz the warranty has "levels" on the audio equipment. Anyone ever heard of this???? and what can I expect? I thought the warranty was bumper to bumper unlimited milage for 5 years. I feel like he's setting me up to screw me out of some money. Any comments?

If I understood you correctly, your dealer sounds like an idiot. The warranty in the USA is 5 years on everything. The only odd part is that they will tell you the radio warranty is through Clarion and not Yamahaha. Just nod and say "So what? I have a bike with a full 5-year warranty. I understand you may need to deal with various manufacturers to honor that warranty. Please do it." If they give you any static, ask them to show you in writing any limitations to the warranty. If they still give you static after finding that they can't do that, then suggest they review the federal Magnuson Moss Warranty Act for their legal responsibilities and financial risks if they refuse.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson-Moss_Warranty_Act

Goose

The ENTIRE bike is covered (excluding some wear items like engine oil, oil filter, spark plugs, coolant, brake and clutch adjustment [NOTE it does not say brake pads or clutch parts])

Look at page 10-7 of your owners manual.

IF the dealer does not want to cover a part, call Yamaha customer service!!!!!

Here is the pertinent quote

AUDIO WARRANTY

Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A warrants the factory-installed audio components which prove defective due to improper workmanship or material will be repaired or replace, at Yamaha's option, without charge fore parts or labor for a period of five (5) years from the date of purchase of the motorcycle, subject to certain started limitations.

There is more, but I got tired of typing as the PDF file security settings do not allow copying of text.

In this case, the owners manual is your friend. PLEASE read it and show it to your dealer!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

since we're on this topic, I notice when I increase or decrease the volume, what appears to be a digital word " VOL " appears but it's not all there....just parts of it... is it supposed to say " VOL " ? and if so and it doesn't, any ideas what might need to be done to fix it (aside from having it replaced)?