IGNORED

New Fairing for 2008 RSTD

I have seen many posts on this site regarding questions around fairings for RSTD's. I recently purchased a Wide Open Customs fairing from owner Ben Coppock in Oswega, Kansas.

I have researched the different fairings that fit RSTD's for over a year and am VERY pleased with the product I got from Wide Open. It was literally 30 minutes from box to first mock up fitting on my bike. The entire process to mount the fairing and wired the stereo system took about 6 hours (I took the tank off, used heat shrink on all connections and took my time to hide all the wiring). Ben sends you a very nice set of heavy chrome brackets that will fit right on the factory mounts. I DID NOT have to take apart my factory windshield in any way.

I got the upgraded JVC system and it sounds awesome. I also elected to purchase the Klock Werks windshield and the Freedom Wings that attach to the bottom of the fairing to redirect air.

The entire set up (fairing, all the hardware needed to mount to my bike, JVC steroe and 4 JVC 300 watt speakers, Klock Werks windshield and Freedom Wings) cost me $1200 shipped directly to my house.

I would recommend their product to anyone looking for a fantastic fairing that looks great, sounds awesome and is very easy to put on the bike.

Venture Rider Fairing Pic 1.jpg

Venture Rider Fairing Pic 2.jpg

Venture Rider Fairing Pic 3.jpg

Agreed that it looks like any other fairing but there are not a lot of options for the Royal Star.

Why not by a Venture? Because I did not want to spend $4000 extra dollars for a fairing with a cassette decks and a trunk that is not big enough to hold full size helmets. Don't get me wrong...I have seen a lot of nice Ventrues but I don't have a lot of extra cash sitting around and my bike is paid for.

Wade 2000,

Yes I believe the fairing WILL NOT work with a full size light bar. If you look at mine I went with the mini lights. I actually bought them at Walmart for $40 and they work great. I just mounted them on top of the factory bolt that holds the turn signals in place.

Wade 2000,

Yes I believe the fairing WILL NOT work with a full size light bar. If you look at mine I went with the mini lights. I actually bought them at Walmart for $40 and they work great. I just mounted them on top of the factory bolt that holds the turn signals in place.

I have a friend with a RSTD and he's been considering a fairing. He already has the full size light bar/ passing lamps. I wonder if some kinda spacer could bring them out far enough to clear the fairing??

I had a 900 Vulcan that I put a Memphis shades phatt windshield on. I really liked it. But after a couple years of more highway riding and just general touring I decided I wanted a bat wing fairing. So I also changed. Thats the nice thing is we are able to change things up some.

Agreed that it looks like any other fairing but there are not a lot of options for the Royal Star.

Why not by a Venture? Because I did not want to spend $4000 extra dollars for a fairing with a cassette decks and a trunk that is not big enough to hold full size helmets. Don't get me wrong...I have seen a lot of nice Ventrues but I don't have a lot of extra cash sitting around and my bike is paid for.

Wait a minute?! The trunk won't hold full size helmets? I didn't know that?

• 4 weeks later...

Well let's see .... you spent $1200 for a fairing with a sound system but you still don't have a trunk. I just don't understand why anyone would go this route to save a measly $3800 and be without a CASSETTE DECK! :whistling: :stickpoke: :Laugh:

That Looks Sharp

I have been considering it for a while

I haven't seen any I like or want to over pay for

My bikes paid for and I don't feel like selling it to add a few grand to get something else

Did you have any problems with the install

Any hidden costs or issues ?

I have a stock 06 TD