IGNORED

Would you buy another RSV?

Dale124

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I think I would. I used to lust after Goldwings, but this RSV is starting to grow on me. I've had it 8mos now and 4k miles (and I hardly ever drop it anymore!) and it is comfortable for my long legs. I sat on a wing and it was cramped and had too many do-dads and gizmos for me. But I do miss a tach!

When the RSV goes over 8000 it really gets up and moves (at least it sounds like 8000!):shock3:

I took mine out to peak revs in first gear once upon a time (valve-bounced her) but have no idea what the revs were. Does anybody have any idea?

I suppose a tacho would be nice. - ?

When I replaced the 89 Venture Royale I was convinced I wanted a spyder, so I test rode one and neither myself or the wife liked it. We tried a Hardley and again it was not as comfey and I felt bull legged plus another 11,ooo to get less than the venture, she did not like the back seat on the wing or Kaw but loved the venture. So yeah

I've had an 84,86,89 and now the 01.... If something were to happen to the one I have I would buy another one in a heartbeat.

My buddy Sarges46 found the 01 for me, went and picked it up 3 days before Christmas one year. If this one gets wrecked or whatever I would buy another 2nd Gen.

BOO

Guest scarylarry

With no changes...NO

I would look closely at the Victory CCT..

I can say I never regretted buying the Voyager and the only thing I would change on it is to a shaft drive...

It ran flawless to Key West..

YES! as soon as possible. I love my old '99 RSV! Then I would start customizeing it like the one I have. (That would take awhile, though)

Best bike out there! (for my needs.) I love the comfortable way she cruises.

Might upgrade though, maybe get me a 2000 red one.

Used?

Yes, great bike and great value used.

New?

Not unless it was finally updated and at a competitive price. Why pay $20k+ for a new 1999 bike? Buy an under 50k mile '99-up change all the rubber and fluids and you still have $10-15k to play with.

As far as new bikes go... I sure like the Victory line. Even the fugly Vision. :big-grin-emoticon:

Used?

Yes, great bike and great value

New?

Not unless it was finally updated and at a competitive price. Why pay $20k+ for a new 1999 bike?

Agree

For fun looked up what 20,000 was in 1998 and it worked out to about 14,300. Normal inflation has increased the price, not because Yami wants more money.

Still agree why pay top buck for an old, new, bike. save a lot of money find a good deal on almost new and you will have a great deal.

Had an 86, 1999 and 2008, guess I like them.

Brad