IGNORED

Motorcycle Hauler

ditchdoctor

Has anyone out there trailered their venture for a long distance on any of the single trailers that fold up. We need to trailer our new bike that we will be getting this spring. We would be driving down to Illinois from northern Wisconsin and would like to ride the bike when were down there. I know I'm going to hear that trailers are for boats, etc. But we travel down to Illinois a few times in the spring, summer and fall and need our vehicle to take my mother-in-law for all that fun family stuff. We have been looking at "The One"

Thanks

Steve & Dawn Taskay

ditchdoctor:mytruck1:

My son towed his motorcylce from Mahomet Il to Fargo Nd, once he had a 750 honda on it the last time he was here he had his new Harldly street glide on it he was using a 4x8 fold up from harbor freight has had no problems, when he arrived here I checked for heat on the wheel bearings and the were barley warm to the touch

I have a stinger motorcycle trailer that i used to trailer my RSTD from Stratford Ontaro to Lake Havasu AZ. It work perfect through the most worst road conditions imaginable

It folds up small to store and is easy to load the bike on by yourself.

It can be used with a midsize car no need for truck.

If you google stinger trailers you will find all kinds of information and pictures

dale

:confused24:whats a Johnny Cash venture? a Midnight perhaps?

I haul a 1000 lb jet ski on one, but i beefed up the tongue with 2x2x1/4" stock and put a 2" hitch on it. The 12" wheels are just fine. My only comlplaint about the rig is you cannot find a set of bearing buddies to fit..

I welded 1/16 weve to the top to save on weight. Most use plywood... I'd go 3/4" exterior

and you should be alright.

Steve,

The One looks pretty good and appears to be built heavy enough...and priced right. But for trailer that pulls, loads and stores easily, my choice is a Kendon Standup or one of it's knockoffs. I got a single rail for my track bike but I discovered that it would also haul my RSV. But it's kind of a handfull and a bit awkward to load without 2 people. The best choice for a Kendon, is the dual rail and then remove the dual rails and put one right in the middle....which gives you plenty of room on each side of the bike to load and unload it. And like the name says, when you are finished with it, it just flips up on the end where you can push it up against your garage wall to store it. And you can always find used ones on Craigs list priced right. Just search on Kendon Dual Rail. And there are plenty of videos out there if you Google the same thing.

Hope this helps,

Rick

Has anyone out there trailered their venture for a long distance on any of the single trailers that fold up. We need to trailer our new bike that we will be getting this spring. We would be driving down to Illinois from northern Wisconsin and would like to ride the bike when were down there. I know I'm going to hear that trailers are for boats, etc. But we travel down to Illinois a few times in the spring, summer and fall and need our vehicle to take my mother-in-law for all that fun family stuff. We have been looking at "The One"

Thanks

Steve & Dawn Taskay

ditchdoctor:mytruck1:

I already had a utility trailer I can use but wanted something smaller for just the bike.

It's a "wife saver", so she does not have to endure the "get there" 900 mile ride (which I would do, solo).

Looked on Craigslist a few days, found what looked good. As I drove a distance, I went ahead and bought (bargained) one that I might have otherwise walked away from.

So,added load C tires, replacement heavier axle, moved the fenders out and some accessories and I got just what I wanted. Like Yamaha says,, make it yours!

Started out $600, ended closer to $900. But the RSV ain't no 600 pound sportbike.

So, like said, maybe look on Craigslist for used.

So, SC to Canada this summer!

Oh, but back to subject,,, this was not a fold up.

Mike G in SC

Edited by Mike G in SC

:confused24:whats a Johnny Cash venture? a Midnight perhaps?

I haul a 1000 lb jet ski on one, but i beefed up the tongue with 2x2x1/4" stock and put a 2" hitch on it. The 12" wheels are just fine. My only comlplaint about the rig is you cannot find a set of bearing buddies to fit..

I welded 1/16 weve to the top to save on weight. Most use plywood... I'd go 3/4" exterior

and you should be alright.

Captainjoe ......a Johnny Cash venture is one that my wife and I are buying that is a 2000 millenium that was laid down and has been repaired from parts from 1999 to 2012. It is now at least 5 differant colors.

I watched the video for "The One" and "The Stinger" and was impressed. Two things to think about though.

1. The RSV is a heavy bike to push up an incline on to the trailer. If you ride it up, where do you put your feet down once your up on the trailer? How many times have you read where someone put there foot down in a hole and the bike fell over on them on a flat surface?

2."The One" video shows two people loading it. Can't put the kick stand down and rig the tie downs. "The Stinger" claims it only takes one person to load and tie down. I question loading a RSV the way the video showed loading a bike. What about unloading? What do you push off of to role backwards? What happens if you need to stop for what ever reason halfway while unloading or loading. No place to put your feet down....the bike is going over.

The reason I bring these questions up is I trailered a Honda 750 and a 1100 around. Both bikes half the weight of a RSV and not near as top heavy. When I got my RSV I looked high and low before I found a trailer I was confident loading and unloading by myself due to the weight and being top heavy. I came up with the "Razor". I suspect it is twice the cost and does not fold up. Of course if the bike does go over on you, you just paid for a good trailer in repairs and still don't have a good trailer. Hopefully you don't get hurt as well. I do park the bike on it though so I don't waste the space for the trailer and the bike.

Just my 2 cents. :mytruck:

I have a razor trailer and love the fact that the trailer bed lowers and you DO NOT have a ramp to load the bike. I am 61 years old and live with disabilities . Once my bike was not running and i was still able to get the bike on the trailer with ease.

I found mine on ebay. I also load my ATV but the ATV is to wide to use the lowering function so I have to use cheap car ramps.

Cb

Years ago when living in Dallas, I bought an '88 Venture and it came with a trailer that I really liked. The bed lowered to the ground like the razor but the big difference was that you could leave it coupled to your vehicle when you lowered it, loaded it and then raised it back up. I understand that they went out of production years ago and I've never seen another like it. I really screwed up when I let it go. I had sold a Honda Shadow Ace and agreed to meet the buyer in Little Rock. When I got there, we were having a hard time finding a place to load the Shadow onto his truck and he asked me what I would take for the trailer. Like the dummy that I am, I gave him a price and he bought it on the spot. I've always regretted letting it go and if I ever run across another one, I will try to buy it. Wish I had some pictures of it.

I have the stinger trailer and loading and unloading with one person is not a problem

It sits very low to the ground and the bike stays put once in the wheel chuck

Mind I do not have a Venture but it works good for a RSTD