IGNORED

Brokrn lower front vent

SamB

I am a new guy, just bought a nice 99 Venture and was reading on this site about the lower plastic vents breaking. Well today mine broke off at the metal bracket! For no apparent reason. Hope to get it welded back together.

Thanks Squidley for the warm welcome . I have just upgraded from the 650 V Star site and there were also a great bunch of folks there.

I will try a weld first before I subject myself to the pain and agony of contacting my local dealer

Sam,

Welcome aboard. If, by chance, you still have some warranty left you can get new ones from Yamaha. If your bike was put into service late you may still have warranty. The dealer can tell you by check the VIN number. By coincidence I had to get two new ones this week too.

Uhh, dumb question for the day.

Where the heck is the vent on a 2nd gen located?

My idea of a vent is something that lets air pass through.

:confused24: :confused24:

Never thought of my A** as a VENT before!!!!:canada: :canada: :canada: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Sam,

Allen Hall at DiamondR Accessories make replacements that he guarantees and are better than the stock Yamaha ones:

http://www.diamondraccessories.com/yamaha/proddisplay.php?name=Fork%20Deflector%20Brackets

But the trick to keep any of these brackets fron breaking is to make sure the deflectors are pushed back to where the rubber bumpers on the back are pressing against the chrome fork cover. If they come out further, they will vibrate enough to cause the bracket to crack and break.

Rick

• 3 weeks later...