IGNORED

E15 Fuel

Condor

Guest tx2sturgis

A few weeks ago, I checked this website, figuring, no way would anyone around here in the middle of farm country be selling pure, 100% gasoline.

Turns out there is a place selling alcohol-free gas just a couple of miles from me, and get this:

Its a farm CO-OP!

http://www.pure-gas.org/

If you like to run the 'good stuff', check it out. Worked for me.

Edited by tx2sturgis
added screenshot

Wish things were the same in California, but I just checked and we have 5 in the whole damm state. All in NorCal, and still too far away to pop in for a tank of real gas. I could make this political, but I'm just going to say 'thank you' CARB....

I am lucky enough to have 2 just in my immediate area. Question: how do they get ethanol free fuel? :confused24:

It's my understanding that the ethanol comes from a seperate tank??, and is mixed right at the pump. If none is added...there ya go... :)

My experience with stations that have ethonol free stuff is for some reason its higher priced. Not just 2-5 cents like 15 cents. If its regular 89 octaine stuff runs about 12-20 cents higher, but most of the time I have found only mid grade or higher without ethonol in it. So then tack another .15 or more onto what hightest is and ouch. Would really have to get better milage to off set the cost.

Our local station promised that if they started to sell more the price would come more in line with their price for E-10 of thesame grade. And the price is coming down. I am using it in everything that gas sits in for extended periods. Pressure washer, generator, and the push lawn mower as well as the string trimmer.

And for winter the VR got it as well. During the season gas doesn't sit in my bike long enough to worry about.

Just say no,,, on Ethanol 85.

Only problem with the 100% station near me is that the pump is on the side of the building, so it gets very little turnover. So, although 100%, my guess is it could be a year old.

But hard to find out. If you ase the owner any question, his answer is "Yes". He knows little other English.

It's my understanding that the ethanol comes from a seperate tank??, and is mixed right at the pump. If none is added...there ya go... :)

It's mixed prior to being loaded into a transport tanker. If you ever get a chance to see their bill of lading it will show however much the blend is like 10% ethanol etc.

I am lucky enough to have 2 just in my immediate area. Question: how do they get ethanol free fuel? :confused24:

The man that runs our little bulk plant says he has to order the non-ethanol fuel from a distributor in Lake Charles, La which is about 95 miles away. They sell Shell fuel, but their Shell supplier won't sell non-ethanol fuel. So they purchase their 87 octane pure gas from a Conoco plant down the road. He says they can get super unleaded from a closer rack, but their customers wanted the 87 octane so they choose to sell it.

Ultimately, its there if stations want to sell it, atleast in our state. I would contact your local bulk plants and see if they have it. Like ours, he doesn't advertise it and sells it for the same price as blended fuel. I know some the regular gas stations that sell it are outrageous on their prices.

I would ask where they get it or if you see the truck driver unloading, ask him and see if he will show you his bill of lading. It will show if it's really pure gas or a blend.

Edited by jfoster

All of the Shell stations in my area have their premium as no ethanol. It has a tag right on the pumps saying no ethanol ,...but its a pretty high price to get premium.

Brian

I haven't tried premium. Does it make any difference in gas mileage with these bikes? My brother's half ton goes from 22mpg on regular to 28+ with premium. He's done the math and it actually is more cost efficient to run premium.

I really didnt check mileage in both types of fuel, so I really cant answer that. But the bike didnt seem to need seafoam as often this year.

Brian

I haven't tried premium. Does it make any difference in gas mileage with these bikes? My brother's half ton goes from 22mpg on regular to 28+ with premium. He's done the math and it actually is more cost efficient to run premium.

If nothing is close by try the small local airports. The closest regular gas station that sells non ethanol is 60 miles one way. It would cost me 5-6 gals to get there and back. I can buy low lead 100 octane non-ethanol aviation gas 3 miles from the house for $4.89 a gallon.

I usually only buy some when winter is really in full swing and fill the bike, riding mower, generator and that type of stuff with a good dose of stabil/seafoam. Sure makes waking them up from the long nap a lot easier. FYI, I guess I should mention don't use the avi gas in anything with a catalytic converter.

And fwtw my Honda Ridgeline will get 3-4 mpg better every time I use pure gasoline.

Edited by Bvinson

Fwiw, from my experience I get the same fuel mileage in my state issued '12 Tahoe and the wife's 08 Edge on both fuels. My '98 Chevy 1500 gets bout 2-3 mpg better on pure gas. My HD maybe 1-2 mpg. But if I add Seafoam its gets as high as 4-5 mpg better. Lawn mower gets 3 mowings per tank on pure gas vs 2 on blended. I didn't get a chance to try the RSTD before it got traded to see difference.

The man that runs our little bulk plant says he has to order the non-ethanol fuel from a distributor in Lake Charles, La which is about 95 miles away. They sell Shell fuel, but their Shell supplier won't sell non-ethanol fuel. So they purchase their 87 octane pure gas from a Conoco plant down the road. He says they can get super unleaded from a closer rack, but their customers wanted the 87 octane so they choose to sell it.

Ultimately, its there if stations want to sell it, atleast in our state. I would contact your local bulk plants and see if they have it. Like ours, he doesn't advertise it and sells it for the same price as blended fuel. I know some the regular gas stations that sell it are outrageous on their prices.

I would ask where they get it or if you see the truck driver unloading, ask him and see if he will show you his bill of lading. It will show if it's really pure gas or a blend.

Thanks jfoster for tHe info. Will look into it some more.

Guest scarylarry

I buy ethanol for the simple fact of not chasing gas stations all over and looking, I know it is here to stay unless there is a drastic change..

So if you use a additive what differnce would it make?

A bottle of startron don't that much room up and yes it is a hassle to add at every fill up...

Most of the gas stations listed around me are airfields. Funny thing is that aircraft aren't required to use ethanol, whose lobbying for them?? The marine shop I use says it buys some to winterize the carbs because they say aircraft fuel formulations won't varnish but airfields that used to sell it to the public have all but stopped. I also believe it's more money. . .

Guest scarylarry
Most of the gas stations listed around me are airfields. Funny thing is that aircraft aren't required to use ethanol, whose lobbying for them?? The marine shop I use says it buys some to winterize the carbs because they say aircraft fuel formulations won't varnish but airfields that used to sell it to the public have all but stopped. I also believe it's more money. . .

It has been a few years back, but I was able to get some aircraft fuel and it was 100+ octane..

I would almost be scared it blow the heads off..

I didn't use it and think some of the guys did in their older cars..

It has been a few years back, but I was able to get some aircraft fuel and it was 100+ octane..

I would almost be scared it blow the heads off..

I didn't use it and think some of the guys did in their older cars..

Actually it is the other way around, The lower the octane the more likely you are to "blow the heads off"

I used to put leftover 134 octane race gas in my snow blower, lawn mower, truck, bike, and everything else just to use it up at the end of the season. unless an engine is designed and set up to run on the high octane you will actually get LESS performance out of it.

I guess I never thought of it. 100LL Aviation gas would be great for winter storage.