IGNORED

Not a good day

bull463

Hi All

Ive been at work since 5am . At 7am Christy called and told me Webster ny had a fire going on , then she told me 4 firefighters had been shot. I have been in contact with some of my students and they are fine. But just found out two of the firefighters died.

Just not a good day.

Bull463

Whenever I see or hear a run in progress I always say a quick prayer "Lord please keep everyone safe and allow them all to go home tonight". I encourage everyone to do so. Our first responders are in the front line every day and need this every day, every time. To hear this news makes my heart break. My deepest prayers and thoughts go out to each of their families. Damn blurry screen.

Ride Happy, Ride Safe

As a retired volunteer firefighter, I have been following this story because I live in Rochester NY, just a short distance from this event. As of 11:00 PM tonight, there are two Volunteer Firefighters dead and two in "guarded condition" in a local hospital. The shooter fired from a position of concealment and ambushed them as they arrived in a fire truck. The shooter killed himself as police closed in.

I know a few of the members of that FD, including one of the deceased. The firefighters in this county are a very close knit group and all of us are feeling the pain of a great loss. As a firefighter responding to a call for an emergency, you concentrate on the things that need to be done on arrival at the scene and don't really think about your personal safety. I am sure none of the four firefighters had the least suspicion that this call would turn out this way.

RIP, Brothers......You are gone but will never be forgotten.

Jim