IGNORED

Let's see, I laid it...... right.......ARGGGG

deepforkriver

Ever have one of those moments, days, weeks? With colder weather coming, and $NoVV on the way, decided to go ahead and put her up on jacks, and start winter maintenance, new tires, etc. And I know I laid that ratchet right...... well.... there.... 30 seconds ago..... and my allen wrench.... is .. over..... MAN when did this start?????????? I cant find anything!!!!!!!!!!ARGGGGGGGGGG Now where is my pocket knife....:buttkick:

I would really appreciate a bunch of close up pictures of your bike apart. Motor,cooling hoses, battery box area, rear suspension, handlebar cable routing.

I'll PM you an email address if your willing to help.

I am using an RSV as a basis for my winter project and have zero hands on experience with this scooter.

1st gens is a little different story, a box of nuts & bolts, I know right where they go.

Picture is what it looks like tonight, went through and labeled all wiring connectors. Have 1st gen front end on it.

Gary

I would really appreciate a bunch of close up pictures of your bike apart. Motor,cooling hoses, battery box area, rear suspension, handlebar cable routing.

I'll PM you an email address if your willing to help.

I am using an RSV as a basis for my winter project and have zero hands on experience with this scooter.

1st gens is a little different story, a box of nuts & bolts, I know right where they go.

Picture is what it looks like tonight, went through and labeled all wiring connectors. Have 1st gen front end on it.

Gary

Gary, be happy to help. It will be a work in progress for a while, so I can send you anything you like If I'm there or when I get down into the area you need. Just drop me a email address and I will be happy to PIC PIC PIC. I just started taking apart tonight, may do more tomorrow, dont know.

James

Harbor Freight sells some really neat tool chests on wheels...

If you ever went into a garage of a really good mechanic, you'd see them take a tool out, use it, wipe it off and "put it the heck back where it belongs".. They can do it, cause it's on wheels and you can get it really close to the work area.(and they usually have thousands of dollars invested in their Snap-on tools)

I take it one step further and push a work picnic table in the garage (cause I hate bending over or working on the floor). So for me the tools either get put back where they belong; or, are on top of the picnic table... never on the bike, never on the floor etc...

Really drives me crazy to look for tools....:whistling:

when i was a kid my dad used to get me to go into the shed to find things he lost i always thought he was nuts because they would be just sitting in plain view. now i know why he did it i am now getting the grand kids to go into the shed to find the things i lost and usually they are just sitting in plain sight not hidden under or behind anything so now they think i am nuts just like i thought my dad was :backinmyday: :detective:

Not really trying to keep hijacking your thread, albeit a humorous thread, but ....

I cannot locate in the service manual, or the parts fiche a picture of the fan noise filter. I have found it on the schematics. I have located the wires that go into either end of the filter by color codes and ohming out where they end up at.. The two connectors for the filter seem to be spaced apart somewhat, so I am guesing the filter has leads on it. This is a guess.

A picture of it would be helpful so I can try to locate one on ebay.

Picture attached of schematic reference to filter.

Another item I haven't located on the harness is the diode assembly connector

Gary

A picture of it would be helpful so I can try to locate one on ebay.

Gary

I found a picture of a filter on ebay when I searched RSV fans. I think I will just make a jumper for this filter since I am not planning on a radio on bike.

Gary

After YEARS of chasing my tools all over the place I've finally got mine in my big roll-around box. I've only got 4 of the 8 drawers organized so far, but all my regularly used tools are in it, with my drills, saws, stuff-too-big-for-the-box in an old locker I brought home when I retired. I even put together a small tool bag for use in the house so I don't have to go to the garage every time I need something. :cool10: