IGNORED

It's SOLD and gone

Hummingbird

Well, my Venture found a new owner in New York. I've bought and sold bikes, trucks, riding mowers, motorcycles etc. all my life and never felt remorse for doing it until I followed my Venture down the road.

Never seen the rear end going down the highway before and realizing it wasn't coming back was reminiscent of when we had to put our dog to sleep after 18 years of friendship and never questioning love. :crying:

I guess I finally understand why some of you guys talk so affectionately of your bike -

Yah! It is easy to get emotionally attached to them, isn't it?!!? They have personalities and character all uniquely their own!

Sooo, whatcha buying next??

I (wife) wanted a trike so I had been looking for almost a year. I really wanted a Venture trike and when I found the one that Lewis ended up buying I knew then that I didn't want a 1st gen because it just didn't fit like I wanted it to.

Then one day I found a 2007 GL1800 "comfort" with a Champion kit on it. It was on craigs list and was located in the Dayton area. Didn't scare me - we talked on Friday, I made an offer and Saturday we were hauling it home.

It only had 2370 miles on it, a couple little dings and still had the nubbins on the tires.

The downside is that it didn't have a CB nor EZ steer and the reason it only had 2370 miles was because of the horrible head shake - it must have scared the bejeebers out of him.

$1500.00 later it now has a 4.5 degree EZ steer and a honda CB and antenna and a luggage rack and heel/toe shifter and floorboards

Yah! It is easy to get emotionally attached to them, isn't it?!!? They have personalities and character all uniquely their own!

Sooo, whatcha buying next??

I forgot bob - I bought the Wing several weeks ago, could have triked my Venture a LOT cheaper ( about $8000 less ) than I paid for the wing but who cares, it's only money. The fed prints it evey day :bang head:

That's a good looking trike, congrats! I went thru the same "emotional detachment" with my '04 last year, but I got it all back when I got the '99. I saw a silver Venture trike here in town today, and man, that thing is HUGE, but I've always kinda thought that the 'wings make a better looking trike. Good luck!