Houston MD Oct 27th 2012

Squidley

Are you coming to the Houston MD?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Are you coming to the Houston MD?

• Hell YES!
    • I'm really hoping to
    • Absolutely not, Squidley's too goofy

Sorry, I didn`t see that Brad already replyed.

We will be there early Sat AM. I`ll have the Big cover and snacks, Water..

We will have ScooterDoodle in tow also to keep every one in line and to hand out water!! gotta watch him close if he gets a hammer in his hands, as he likes to "WORK" on the bikes!

See ya then

K

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont look like I will make it, woke up this morning not feeling very good, The grandkids were out last weekend, then came down with the flu during the week, hope thats not what I am getting. Was looking forward to meeting you folks and working on the bike. Have a good meet, maybe another time. Hope the weather cooperates. Thanks Mark

Me and hopefully my Bro-in-Law should be making it..

Can't stick around past 4 unfortunately due to family in town..

Keith,

It will be good to see you again, been far too long. Be careful getting up here and give a call if you have any issues.

Dont look like I will make it, woke up this morning not feeling very good, The grandkids were out last weekend, then came down with the flu during the week, hope thats not what I am getting. Was looking forward to meeting you folks and working on the bike. Have a good meet, maybe another time. Hope the weather cooperates. Thanks Mark

Mark,

We'll do more stuff, your welcome out at the house anytime. Nobody needs a MD if they have some work done on their bike, I always have an open door here.

Marsha and I are at the best western. What time are we starting tomorrow ? Between the rain and wind, we chose not to tow the broken bike here. But I can use my one good arm to assist others

I'll be up by 6 and Zipcode will be here by 7, come whenever you want...sleep in for a change

:)

Thanks Brad,

Just got home a short time ago and had a good trip home. Was good to see everyone today and had a great time.

Food was great thanks to all that brought something, I didn't fine anything I did not like. And those were great ribs.

See ya'll next time keep the shiney side up.

Thanks for hosting another great MD. Yes, I missed most of it, but I was lucky enough to see some of y'all and see the preparation. Clearly it was a labour of love. I'm sorry I couldn't stay longer.

Best of all, Roxie was finally made whole, with the completion of the saddle bag repairs. Thanks Hal! :thumbsup:

Dave

hi folks what a day saturday was at brad's & lonna's. great to see everyone, man did we ever have some food. hal was the master cook with his bbq trailer and oil less turkey cooker. thanks to everyone for the food, heard a couple of folks say they were looking for a place to take a nap. i finaly got my driving light bar with led lights installed. much thanks to owen, kenny, kreg & rob for the help and backup on doing this little project. the led lights were from tractor supply. had to stripped them out of the rubber housings they came with. and installed them in the chrome light bar housings with no problem. these were the 17 led bulbs and boy are they bright. i'll now have to chang out the head light to a led bulb as the old light bulb is realy dull. thanks again to brad and lonna for hosting this mx day get together.

best reguards

don c.

Brad and Lonna, thanks for hosting a great weekend. Enjoyed visiting with everyone again. The food was outstanding. I made several trips by Hals trailer before the official eat time and he would hand me samples. Great friend.

Got my coolant changed out on the Midnight. Watched some other work getting done, always learn something at MD. Great group of riders here.

Had a great helper with little Colton helping me again on MD. He is going to growup to be a super venture mechanic.

Again, we enjoyed the weekend. Had a great time with George and Nora staying with them at their lake cabin.

Loved sitting around the bon fire enjoying the cool weather.

1st off I want to thank everyone that was able to make it out here! As the old saying goes "post it and they will come" this time was no different.

Way too many folks to thanks, and I'll start with Lonna, she NEVER shy's away when I have these crazy ideas to open our home up to who knows how many folks. She and Beth Branton, busted their butts to make the potato and macaroni salads. It would never go as smooth as it does without her hard work and I appreciate it very much :)

All the folks that brought food for the eatin part of MD, Owens Maggie for the beans (these seriously are some of the best beans I have ever eaten) Molly Kuhns, for the peach cobbler and the corn casserole, and brownies. Jerry Van Avery for his dish, and everything else that others brought or made that my rememberer can't pinpoint. Kreg and Janet for bringing the cover and the use of the tire machine, and all the general help.

Halmost There (Hal Cameron) who brought over his new balls out smoker on a trailer. The ribs, chicken legs and Boudan, which were all seriously good. He cooked the majority of the day and it was all delicious!

Gunboat for the typical delivery of the much loved Blue Bell Ice Cream :sign woo hoo:

Just too much food and great camaraderie, it was a perfect day, started out a bit on the chilly side but the sun was out all day and warmed up to the low 70's pretty quick.

I took a few pics which are below, and again THANK YOU ALL for making it an awesome day. This was my very 1st MD at any of the houses we have lived in. This will be an annual deal as I will host the Fall Houston MD and Kreg will host the Spring Houston MD at his house in Waller....Thanks again for making this a great weekend I will not soon forget.

Edited by Squidley

It was great to see you and Beth, and glad to hear ya`ll made it home safe and sound!! We really enjoyed the Day!!! We`ll have to come see ya, not sure when, but we`ll make it over one of these days..

K & J

We made it home safe, a great time as always with the Texas bunch.

Thanks to Lona and Brad for the hospitality and all that made it so great.:clap2:

It was great to see you and Beth, and glad to hear ya`ll made it home safe and sound!! We really enjoyed the Day!!! We`ll have to come see ya, not sure when, but we`ll make it over one of these days..

K & J

Great seeing you two also. But wait a minute, haven't I heard that excuse before LOL.:rasberry:

Your welcome any time by the way.

I had a ball as usual. Also had my usual "fun" time trying to get there as well! End result was coming in at least a couple hours later than planned, also as usual. ;) It was great seeing everyone. Just wish I'd been able to say hi to Zipcode Dave.

The food was awesome and it was a toss up as to which was better, Brad's fried turkey or Hal's oil less cooker's turkey. That was also some kinda bbq rig he has and the ribs that came off of it were yummy.

Now if I could just figure out a way to move that shop over to my house!! The TC is staying at Brad's as one of the new ss lines for it turned out to have the fittings at the wrong angle. That blows my riding it down to Galveston next weekend for the Lone Star Rally. So it looks like I'll get a fair amount of exercise walking around down there on Friday seeing what kind of goodies I can get for the bike. Oh Fun! I'm planning on seeing what I can do for a M&E/Lunch run up this way after I get it back.

BRAD thanks for the help and all the work on the TC!!

:You_Rock_Emoticon::You_Rock_Emoticon::You_Rock_Emoticon:

Brad & Lonna,

Thank you very much for putting on the Maintenance Day we both had a great time. It was fun and I enjoyed cooking for everyone, because you all are my guine pigs. As I am trying out different stuff and different ways to cook I hope to start going to cookoffs to compete.

Thanks to Kenny & Kreggerdoodle for putting on the mike mute onto my bike while I was cooking. I put it back together the next day. I haven't had a chance to try it out with Val yet, maybe this weekend.

Thanks again,

Hal n Val :cool10::322: