IGNORED

retiring nov 30 moving to Naples FL

motorcycle_1300

I will be retiring Nov 30, My wife and I are relocating as snow birds. We will be living DEC through June in Naples FL. I have checked the Star Touring web site and there are not a lot of chapters in Fl to say nothing of the Naples area. We would like to find some other Riders in that area who can enlighten us to places in the area to ride, things to see and just chat about bikes in general.

Tried to see if I could somehow sort the members list here into somekind of geographic order without success so I am putting this out in public.

Do you ride in the SW florida area, or know others who do and who might like to get together once in a while and ride?

Al

Tried to see if I could somehow sort the members list here into somekind of geographic order without success so I am putting this out in public.

To find the members in a given state click on "community" at the top of the page. A menu should pop up. Move the mouse down to "Members list" and another bar should pop up to the left side of the page. This pop up should have a list of State abbreviations. Just pick the state you want to see and it will take you to the list of members that live in that state.

At least that's the way it works on my computer. :Bunny:

So should this link:

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/memberlist.php?do=getall&field6=12

Some things to check would be the "last visit" column to see if the person is very active. This may save you some waiting if you PM someone who isn't very active.

I'm about 2-2.5hr ride east and a little north. Look it up in Google maps 33872. Nice area over there, not alot going one in Naples though. Maybe in the winter it gets a bit more active I dont know. East of your area is Acrcadia, farm area nice ride over that way. North of there is a place called Solomens Caslte. Look it up its kind of a nice ride over there and you can have luch after you tour the musuem. North to Sarasota, lots to do but it can be busy with traffic. Tons of good resturants. Fort Myers has the edison musuem and a downtown shopping area thats got small shops and eataries etc. January I think it is there is a bike Rally in Sarasota called Thunder on the Bay. Fri thru Sun and lots of music, food vendors and bike shows. OK I'll be quite now. :cool10:

there is a local Motorcycle magazine called "Go for a ride Magazine" GO FAR. its out of La Belle Florida. there is a photographer named Kati. who I ride with when she puts on a breakfast ride. Now, Just north of Naples ( Cape Coral ) Has a very large bike night., the only Star chapter, down this way is 297 out of Ft. Lauderdale, used to be the largest in Florida. but the last 2 years most of the members moved on. Me included. X lead shepherd 3.5 years. My wife and I go to Sanibel Island a lot. I don't recall if you were with 303 in 2007, I met up with Larry & Tammy, at Star Dayz, in Chattanooga. I used to own a laundromat in the North Country Shopping center, about 19 years ago. ( The Busy Bee ) just to the south of H.L. Greens

You have got to do the keys. As for members in Fla I'm sure you will find several in the members list. one more thing.....TAKE US WITH YOU!:bowdown:

Looked at houses in the keys, but would have been a little out of our budget. I love the keys have been there several times,favorite pastime in the keys if fishing out of Bud and Marys marina in Islamorada

where you from in Plattsburgh? you ride with Larry & Tammy? 303 chapter NY/VT?

Brakepad we have chatted a couple times, Larry and Tammy are currently inactive in the group. tammy has shown up for a couple meetings, Larry has not been there for over a year. Larry's dad "Pops" passed away a little over a year ago. Larry was president when I joined the group, lead us through many long rides. I am afraid the chapter is slowly shrinking, but there is a small core group that shows up every thursday night for a ride and ice cream or dinner(tonight) there is usually a longer ride 200 miles or so every weekend.

Al

I hope to be in Plattsburgh in the coming weeks. I'm finally getting a break in work, and I'm hitting the road. I need a road trip.

Give me a call if you get up here before nov 30th and would like to head out for dinner. if you are here oct 13 the chapter out of Massena has invited chapter 363 to join them for a leaf peeper ride in the lake placid Saranac lake area. I could loan you a bike. let me know and I will send you my phone number

Al