IGNORED

We're Gonna Buy A Trailer!!!

bongobobny

Oh Oh, look out everybody, someone here on the take, guess they have sat down and figured it cheaper to dine out (at other peoples houses) than to eat at home, or maybe it's the cooking:stirthepot::think:, either way, someone went out and bought a trailer so they is going visiting more often, better stock up, I just might join them.:rotf:

I just got a scoot with hitch, but an extra trunk came with it & goes into the hitch.

With Me [240 lbs] & Nav, with very-minimal load, we're right on max weight limit....without empty 25lb trunk. I don't think this even counts clothes to wear, not to mention leathers & helmets.

The extra [empty] trunk puts us over max limit....maybe we need a trailer, it would give us less tounge weight than 2 full saddlebags & 2 full trunks.

Yeah, I need a trailer....or lose about 75 lbs.

Guest tx2sturgis
The wife agrees, we're gonna spend our free tax money on a Piggy Back! I think we wil enjoy that more than a wide screen TV...

I dunno...might look kinda funny hanging on the wall in your living room!!

:cool10:

The wife agrees, we're gonna spend our free tax money on a Piggy Back! I think we wil enjoy that more than a wide screen TV...

We have both and I think we enjoy the wide screen tv a little bit more than the trailer. You'll like having one but your wife will love having it, everything can go......:080402gudl_prv:

We have both and I think we enjoy the wide screen tv a little bit more than the trailer. You'll like having one but your wife will love having it, everything can go......:080402gudl_prv:

With that thought: Bob you're gonna need a bigger trailer,,,, no,no, I said bigger,,,, well don't let her see it, you need a bigger one than that, needs to be longer, wider, higher,,,,,,is that the biggest one you can get,,,,, can we pile something on top of it,,,,,,,,,,,how about, can you tie something under it so it won't get soo wet,,,,,, Bob the tires look a little soft,,shouldn't you pump them up them up a little? ,,,,,,, I just need to take one more thing,,,can you find room,,,,there has to be a little more room somewhere, maybe if you repack the cases and then the trailer it will all fit, you know I'm gonna need these extra shoes, what if it rains,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:no-no-no::no-no-no::rotf:

With that thought: Bob you're gonna need a bigger trailer,,,, no,no, I said bigger,,,, well don't let her see it, you need a bigger one than that, needs to be longer, wider, higher,,,,,,is that the biggest one you can get,,,,, can we pile something on top of it,,,,,,,,,,,how about, can you tie something under it so it won't get soo wet,,,,,, Bob the tires look a little soft,,shouldn't you pump them up them up a little? ,,,,,,, I just need to take one more thing,,,can you find room,,,,there has to be a little more room somewhere, maybe if you repack the cases and then the trailer it will all fit, you know I'm gonna need these extra shoes, what if it rains,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:no-no-no::no-no-no::rotf:

Hey Marcal,

I think you been eavesdropping outside my house when we are getting ready to go on a trip!:rotf::rotf::rotf::stirthepot::stirthepot:

I been thinking about a tandem axle:whistling:

I think Bob's home, is a little too big to tow behind the scoot.............:stirthepot:

Guest tx2sturgis
We bought one in the Fall and had it painted to match the bike here is a pic.

Keith.

Very sharp....got any pics with the trailer and bike too?

Is that a piggy backer or another make of trailer? Your trailer looks a little different (and nicer) that the piggy backer thats listed on e-bay.

Thanks for the kind words Nathan. The trailer is manufactured by Timeout trailers of Indiana, I bought this one from a dealer here in Ontario. Here is the web site.

Thanks Brian, no pictures of the bike and trailer together yet, the trailer is in winter storage at the dealers, I will pick it up in the spring, hopefully get a short trip in before Janet and I take it too Americade.

http://timeouttrailers.org/default.aspx

Keith.

Hmmm, found a used one locally for $550... Maybe I'll call and see if they still have it. Shame the money won't be here for a few months yet.

I paid $300 for my Piggy and it was never used. If the money isn't there then make a low-ball offer you can afford.... Ya never know??

:sign06: My thinking is pay as little as possible for something that's going to take up storage room, and only be used a couple of times a year. It doesn't make sense to spend 3-4 grand or even $1000 for a trailer and have it sit in the back yard most of it's life, or taking up room in the garage. I know that a lot of owners like to have everything tricked out and lookin' good, but I'm one that could care less for a couple of weeks a year, just as long as the bikes clean.... and the trailer does it's job when I need it to. Beside building your own, the Piggy Backer is the best thing since sliced bread...:):stirthepot: :sign back to topic:

My feelings exactly, Jack!! Yes, I was going to offer less, like around $400 if they still have it. For the next 5 years, until I retire, we would only use it a couple of times a year. The positive side being you don't have to tow it with just a motorcycle, do you...

The positive side being you don't have to tow it with just a motorcycle, do you...

LOL... Yep, I towed mine back home behind a F250 4x4 Pickup because the shell was to low to get it in the bed. Never saw the thing for 30 miles.... I bet it was a sight going down the freeway :)