IGNORED

2013 Royal Star Venture...HERE IT IS!

Freebird

Check out the V Star 1300 Deluxe, factory fairing with GPS, XM Radio, Bluetooth, built in, and hard bags. Now that is a nice bike.

[ATTACH]71556[/ATTACH][ATTACH]71557[/ATTACH][ATTACH]71558[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]71559[/ATTACH][ATTACH]71560[/ATTACH]

Whatha???!!! The Vstar 1300 gets a FACTORY GPS,XM Radio AND bluetooth and the Venture Doesn't That is Nuts!!! No wonder they're losing ground to the Goldwing and probably every other touring bike...:detective::confused24::no-no-no:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted this exchange in the other thread on the 2013 model but since there are two threads on it, I'll post it here too.

I emailed Yamaha Canada...

Yamaha has to be kidding... the 2013 RS Venture is almost identical to the 1999 RS Venture. Only major thing changed over the years has been the colours.

I know there have been some minor changes (like the seat).... but come on. No fuel injection? No ABS? Limited guages? CASSETTE DECK ?????? (can't even buy cassettes anymore !)

As a member of ventureriders.org (with over 12,000 members International)... Yamaha has missed the opportunity for upgrading a great touring bike.

Keep the v4 (or upgrade the 1300 to the 1700cc v4), add fuel injection, ABS brakes, replace the cassette deck with guages (tach, oil pressure, engine temperature). Keep the style of bike (I personally like the fork mounted fairing). Bring the bike up to date !!!

When will Yamaha finally update the Venture? I have competitor owners (Harley, Honda, etc) admiring my bike.... until I tell them about the carburators and cassette. Great looking bike.... but so out dated !!

Their response...

Hello! At this time we only have confirmation of the versions being imported into Canada on our website (we are ALWAYS looking to expand and grow our versions and I will share your thoughts with our factory liaison).

It is VERY expensive to redevelop these models to meet Canadian specifications and government regulations - and we are a very small market compared to Europe and other countries. I suspect, as our laws and regulations conform worldwide pertaining to lighting, emissions and such ......... and the market grows again in North America ....... we will see the changes and upgrades you are seeking. Our factory is very tight-lipped about introducing new and redesigned models into Canada but the moment we hear ....... we post it! So keep watching our website and have a great day.

Regards,

Scott

My response :

I appreciate your response.

Considering that the Venture has been basically unchanged since 1999 where other manufacturers have updated their offering in the tour bike class (Harley, Kawasaki, Honda), the Venture has stagnated.

2013 would have been the 30th anniversary of the first Venture. Would have been an ideal time for Yamaha to update the model as an anniversary edition.

Their response :

I agree. Our designer and engineers have been rapidly making units for enormous emerging markets and that has basically allowed us to continue with some models that are less profitable.

I really think the market is going to change in North America and we will see big advancements.

Have a great weekend.

Scott

For those that want to express their opinions to Yamaha... can't hurt to email them ! MAYBE the 2014 will be the big update ! We'll have to wait and see !

It only took Yammy 7 years to make some very nice changes to the V Star 1300, I bought the 2007 when it first came out, I really like what they have done to it, mine is similar, I added the fairing, hard bags. But I like this one better. Add a tourpak to it and its the new Venture!!!!

Whatha???!!! The Vstar 1300 gets a FACTORY GPS,XM Radio AND bluetooth and the Venture Doesn't That is Nuts!!! No wonder they're losing ground to the Goldwing and probably every other touring bike...:detective::confused24::no-no-no:

In terms of Technological advancement, the Yamaha carbureted V4 still meets emissions requirements without a catalytic converter. Can't be that outdated.

The HD with FI and all its Tech advancements, needs a catalystic converter and they need to shut down a cylinder at idle to keep it from overheating. That's change I don't need.

Just my 2 cents.

One of the reasons Yamaha cant change anything is the fact that its old tech. They are liked Grandfathered in . If they change any motor design they will have to bring it to todays emission standards. The new Yamahas with efi do have converters.It sure is nice to not worry about a choke.

Again ,do your reading . The back cylinder on the new HDs drop out at high temps for rider comfort not for over heating reasons. Mine has never dropped out yet. They call it parade mode.

Guest scarylarry

Very interesting, is this base on fact or hear say...If this is a fact then they may never change it then...

In terms of Technological advancement, the Yamaha carbureted V4 still meets emissions requirements without a catalytic converter. Can't be that outdated.

The HD with FI and all its Tech advancements, needs a catalystic converter and they need to shut down a cylinder at idle to keep it from overheating. That's change I don't need.

Just my 2 cents.

One of the reasons Yamaha cant change anything is the fact that its old tech. They are liked Grandfathered in . If they change any motor design they will have to bring it to todays emission standards. The new Yamahas with efi do have converters.It sure is nice to not worry about a choke.

Again ,do your reading . The back cylinder on the new HDs drop out at high temps for rider comfort not for over heating reasons. Mine has never dropped out yet. They call it parade mode.

I think my 03 Midnight looks better than the "NEW" leftover midnights with gray paint added and studs removed.:rotf:

I'm a weird one I guess......I like the fact they are keeping them the same. There are folks that just have to have a new one even though these things last longer than most folks will ever ride them. That means there are lots of used ones in nice condition,they have the bugs worked out and you can get them for 1/3 the price of new. The 06 I just bought would be hard pressed to know it's not right off the show room and i paid $5500 for it.

Mine are still in the "new" category since they look just like the ones on the show room.

Both of mine get over 40 MPG except when pulling a trailer. I don't see fuel injection making much difference in MPG but I can see where it could cost BIG $$ to fix a injection problem that the average Joe can't diagnose without special equipment.

The carbs on mine work just fine,there is plenty enough power for me.

I like the way they ride and handle. The bags and trunk are plenty big enough to carry things like rain suits etc for commuting and they pull a trailer just fine if more cargo is required for a trip.I honestly can't think of anything I would change. I do wonder what the big deal about the cassette player is.You are not forced to use it just because it's there. What would you change it to? A out dated CD player or 8 track?

The new ones do come with MP3. Is there something newer/better than having a MP3 with thousands of your favorite tunes at the push of a button?

Like I said, I'm just weird.

And sorry but I ain't adding gray paint to this one to trick folks into thinking it's a '13.

http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx250/C-M_Motorsports/Forum%20Use/RSV.jpg

I agree totally. Plus the fact that in my area you don't see an RSV everytime you turn the corner. I guess you could say it's "unique", like me!

I think Yamaha may be smarter than we are giving them credit. After all is said and done, they probably figured it was cheaper to offer and honor a 5 year warranty than to build a completely new model at this time. Give it a few more years until the world wide economy picks up, then you'll probably get a new model.

It only took Yammy 7 years to make some very nice changes to the V Star 1300, I bought the 2007 when it first came out, I really like what they have done to it, mine is similar, I added the fairing, hard bags. But I like this one better. Add a tourpak to it and its the new Venture!!!!

Did anyone else notice the last photo in the 2013 Venture gallery on the Yammi website? Wonder if that's a hint?

Nothing for nothing but I have owned a 2002 and now own a 2007 and if this one gets too much mileage on it for my liking I will buy a new one. I hope they keep it the way it is 'cause IT WORKS !!! Slightly top heavy but the best touring machine out there for the money! With the aid of this site and the members here I have been able to add a trailer easily (Trailer wiring patch chord) and have my G.P.S. blue tooth my cell phone into my headphone and use my headset microphone as the speaker for the phone (microphone patch chord). P.S. it fits my 6'9" frame to boot (Can't ft on either the Harley or the Goldwing).

I think Yamaha may be smarter than we are giving them credit. After all is said and done, they probably figured it was cheaper to offer and honor a 5 year warranty than to build a completely new model at this time. Give it a few more years until the world wide economy picks up, then you'll probably get a new model.

I agree 100% . They are very smart. They are still making money on an old design. They would have to paint the new ones anyways so why not pick a new color. Again I just like a change once in a while .

Maybe they look at it the way Apple does with the iPhone. Not that much change from an iPhone 4 to the 5. Few minor things (bigger screen, more mic's)... but really... how much more can they add to a smart phone ?

RSV works as is.

Ehhhhhhh, not really a great comparison.

Apple keeps the iPhone basically the same looking on the outside, but upgrades certain things yearly to make sure it stays up to date with current competition and customers desires.

That's EXACTLY what we're asking Yamaha to do with the Venture! We don't have to have a totally new looking machine, we just want them to update it and keep it up to date with the competition and our wants.