IGNORED

No riding for a while............

DragonRider

Today somehow while getting out of my SUV I got a shooting pain starting at my ankle and up my leg that almost put me on the ground. Just got back from Urgent care and I have a severely sprained ankle, I have never had so much pain, I thought I had broken something. So no work, no riding, no much of anything for a few days, it could be better by Monday or it may take a while have to use crutches, which I am not very good with........and to top it off, this was supposed to be a good day for me, but it was a rotten day, things didnt go well at work, my car didnt pass emissions test, had it tested to the tune of $94.00 to find out it was my gas cap, thats when I sprained my ankle, at the testing center.

What a way to spend my birthday.

Lewis, if you can't use crutches well demand a walker, I know they stink and make ya feel old, but it's better than falling and getting hurt worse trying to use crutches. If I could I'd loan you my walker, but 2 hrs it a bit of a drive for either of us. Get well quickly!

We have two walkers here, Charlene had to use them when she had her back surgery. I forgot about them, she is getting it out for me.

Lewis, if you can't use crutches well demand a walker, I know they stink and make ya feel old, but it's better than falling and getting hurt worse trying to use crutches. If I could I'd loan you my walker, but 2 hrs it a bit of a drive for either of us. Get well quickly!

Lewis tape it up or wrap it to give it support and walk on it this will help it heal faster

it will hurt like @%*@(* for a few days I now I had plenty of them when I was playing tailback in football as I kept it limber it dint hurt as bad and in turn they healed faster

mine were so bad they looked broke from all the colors of the rainbow on my feet lol

sorry to hear you're in pain! susan stepped off her sister's back step and fractured her left angle. she keep putting off going to the dr for 3 weeks and now she having physical therphry to loosen it up as she's been walking on her toes. therphist said she also pulled some ligament and her toes are turned almost straight up with her foot on the floor. it's going to be a long road to get it back right. do what the doc says and get well soon.

sorry you had such a crummy day...I could say that it could have been worse...but I won't. Hope you heal fast...you gotta make it to St. Jude's next month!!! No getting out of that. Even if we have to push you around in a wheel chair...so GET BETTER SOON!

Love ya! Say hi to Charlene...

No way in H-ll will I be in a wheelchair, I am able to put a little weight on it now, but it still hurts like the dickens to rotate the ankle, I will be riding to St. Jude, wasnt planning on riding the trike that far so soon, but if I have to, I will.............

There may be 2 of us in wheelchairs @ St Jude's...Lewis with his ankle, me with my surgery on the 27th. Which reminds me I may want to get out my walker just in case. Boy won't we be a sight lol.

No way in H-ll will I be in a wheelchair, I am able to put a little weight on it now, but it still hurts like the dickens to rotate the ankle, I will be riding to St. Jude, wasnt planning on riding the trike that far so soon, but if I have to, I will.............

What Trike ??

:innocent-emoticon: :innocent-emoticon: :innocent-emoticon:

Thanks Dick, it didnt really get any better, after getting home and reading about loosing another member, I have never experienced a birthday like this one.........hope its not a sign of things to come with more birthdays to come.

btw - sorry to hear about your incident with the ankle AND a $100 gas cap

There may be 2 of us in wheelchairs @ St Jude's...Lewis with his ankle, me with my surgery on the 27th. Which reminds me I may want to get out my walker just in case. Boy won't we be a sight lol.

Hey thats a idea- we could have wheelchair races or walker races!

hehe JK- Hope you both heal up quick and get back to the riding

Thanks Dick, it didnt really get any better, after getting home and reading about loosing another member, I have never experienced a birthday like this one.........hope its not a sign of things to come with more birthdays to come.

[/quote]

Whatcha B*t@&^!& about, Lewis

At least you got a birthday this year...... I'm gonna get cheated out of mine since it falls the day after the end of the Myian calender on 12/21/12...... Sorry, about your ankle thou hope it feels better soon.

Its getting better, I can put some weight on it, going to the orthopedist tomorrow, still have a problem rotating the ankle. I was able to put my work boot on, and walked on it a little, but not sure I can go 9 hours in them. I will find out tomorrow.

Hope the pain is easing, and you are feeling better :big-grin-emoticon: