IGNORED

i hate people who cant drive

Black wing

so i'm at my partners apartment today when we get a knock on the door. he goes and answers the door and standing in the hall are two really derpy looking women asking if he owns the motorcycle in the driveway. so i go over and say its mine well it turns out the idiots backed their Chevy cobalt into my VR. so now the rear left saddle bag is all scratched where it got hit and the front right side of the fairing has some broken mounting tabs and shifted when it toppled over.

my insurance must love me two not at fault claims in one riding season. (on a good note i now know i can pick up my bike super easy)

I'm impressed they made an effort to find you.

Even the dumb ones have a grain of good in them..... sometimes.

A few years back I woke up from a nice relaxing afternoon nap and opened the front door to check my mailbox. I found a note taped to the door.

"I may have bumped into your car."

No name, but the address of the daycare across the street from my home.

I wandered out to the driveway to take a look. I found my car, a 3,700 lb. Lincoln Towncar stuck a third of the way, up to the windshield, through the garage door. That wasn't were it was when I left it!

Bumped? BUMPED!!!

Ok, the gargage door was torn off the frame, the grill, hood, windshield and one fender were damaged on the front. On the back the bumper and quarter panel were damaged. There were black skid marks on the concrete from the tires sliding.

Long story short...... The driver of the mini school bus admitted she "bumped" my car with the explaination that it was not her fault. "You are NEVER home at this time of day" was her defense. And she didn't think she pushed it "that far" into the garage. It did miss my bike that was parked inside so that was the bright spot of may day.

The owner of the daycare refused to give me their insurance company info so I ended up calling the Police. Fat bunch of good that did me. They stated that since it was on private property they could do nothing to help. Even though she backed out of their parking lot and acrosss a public street into my driveway it wasn't their problem. How about "leaving the scene of an accident?" Nope, she left a note.

Took 8 months to get that one settled. Even with the admission by the driver, paint and damage on both vehicles matching the other and two neighbors that saw her do it, it was a PITA!!

But at least they stopped to let us know right. :rotf:

But it's good to hear your bike wasn't TOO badly damaged. At least they weren't driving a school bus. It ain't right anyway you look at it though. Hope you get it back to right soon.

Mike

You are probably lucky that it was a "company" car.

Had they just taken off and later got caught it would likely cost them their jobs and pensions in addition to the legal issues of hit and run.

The owner of the daycare refused to give me their insurance company info so I ended up calling the Police. Fat bunch of good that did me. They stated that since it was on private property they could do nothing to help. Even though she backed out of their parking lot and acrosss a public street into my driveway it wasn't their problem. How about "leaving the scene of an accident?" Nope, she left a note.

I had a similar case where some backed out of a drive and hit a vehicle in my back yard then left, parked in front of my house and went into the bar. Police had no problem issuing tickets and making arrests for hit and run, OWI, Suspended drivers license due to OWIS, and outstanding warrants. Fortunately he had insurance and they paid for every bit of damage and a loner car without any fighting.