IGNORED

Florida "Tail of the Gator"

Gary N.

I gotta have one of them. :rotf:Must be talking about US 27 or something. Maybe I 75. Pick one. I tell friends of mine, Floridas idea of twsties are off ramps.

Any idea what the colors really are? It says saftey green and buff. Man if its UF green it cant even come in my house.

Recalculating....................:stirthepot:

Could be worse though. I lived in southwest Oklahoma for 20yrs. You talk about flat and no turn. Man I have run pieces of road there you'd swear you could see the curvature of the earth.

I use to make the run from San Diego to Lake Havasu AZ a lot. The stretch from Desert Center to CA64 on CA177 is about 37 miles. You go 13 miles straight then about a 30 degree corner to the left then 2 1/2 miles straight then about a 30 degree corner to the right then a 22 mile straight to the stop sign at CA64. I have heard (from a friend of course) that there are no cops out there and that these bikes enjoy running at 100 mph plus for those 37 miles (or so I heard). I do know that you have to remind yourself how to make a corner when you get to the stop sign or you will swing wide (cause I seen someone else do that . . . yeah that's it I seen someone else do that)

Ride Happy, Ride Safe

I wave the BS flag! Having done some driving and riding in Florida, I doubt you can find 318 much less 831 continuous miles with only 11 curves of any sort. I know it is for fun, but even fun should have some hint of truth.

I spend 1.5 days and 600 miles in "flatistan" (Southern Fl) and yes it is flat (from slightly below sea level to about 20 feet above is the range I found) but LOTs of curves and some fun riding. Nice scenery, and for a northerner, some great smells in the fields of strawberries etc. Can't wait to do it again, especially in winter.