IGNORED

Agreed Value Motorcycle Insurance

foyerboy

So I bought my 99 RSV a couple of years ago with a rebuilt title. Since that time we have done a frame up restoration on it. With all the time and money I have wrapped up in meticulously redoing this bike I'm almost afraid to put it on the road without good insurance. I understand agreed value seems to be the best way to go. I wanna know if a deer runs out in front of me and messes up my bike that I'm not going to have to fight an insurance company for what I think is fair (around $8000). I've called just about everyone I can think about... Progressive, Allstate, Hagertys, Chubb, American Modern, GMAC,ect... Any suggestions out there? Keep in mind I bought it with a salvage rebuilt title, but have restored the hell out of it, literally taking the whole bike apart and replacing every little nut, bolt, grommet, and washer to bring it back to as new condition. New paint, gauges mod, lowered, the whole nine yards. Any helpful suggestions will be appreciated. I don't want to bear this risk myself, I want an insurer to.....

I spoke to my agent at Pekin, From what I could ascertain, the bike is insured for what it's worth but I can buy extra insurance for add on's and improvements. Cost was pretty much minimal. But I do know if you were to get bike appraised and it comes in at 8000 or above, insurance company will take the appraisal and quote accordingly. Hope this helps

Mike, I checked with Pekin and they are not in NC.....I've actually got a broker contacting The Lloyds of London. I can't believe this type of policy is so difficult to find. It should be one of the easiest policies for a company to assess their risk and price.....

:detective:

I thought you couldn't buy insurance to cover a bile with a salvage title?

Not sure about other states, but in Mississippi, one can take a restored "salvage title" vehicle to the highway patrol and, for a fee, have them inspect the vehicle and issue a "clean" title.

Not sure about other states, but in Mississippi, one can take a restored "salvage title" vehicle to the highway patrol and, for a fee, have them inspect the vehicle and issue a "clean" title.

that is true in the state of ms

Looks like I may want to find a friend with a Mississippi address and run my bike through there. In NC a Salvage title can be turned into a Salvage rebuilt title , but not a squeeky clean title. You guys are saying in MS it can get a completely clean bill of health if it passes the DOT inspection???

Looks like I may want to find a friend with a Mississippi address and run my bike through there. In NC a Salvage title can be turned into a Salvage rebuilt title , but not a squeeky clean title. You guys are saying in MS it can get a completely clean bill of health if it passes the DOT inspection???

That is my understanding...

Mississippi (at the time) was part of the problem back in the 80's when unscrupulous body shops would bubble gum a salvage car or truck, get it inspected and sell in northern states as a 'clean' auto. Several cars came apart and a few people got seriously hurt - destroyed the salvage rebuild business -

don't ask how I know - - -