IGNORED

Something fishy about this auction

Freebird

If you read the description, he mentions factory upgraded paint job, passing lamps, wrap around fender rail, custom exhaust, much more but the bike has none of those things....... hmmmmmmm

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamaha-Royal-Star-Venture-1999-Yamaha-Royal-Star-Venture-Star-Upgrades-20k-Mi-EC_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ50045QQihZ020QQitemZ300190103313QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Well....if anybody is really interested.....my '99 may be for sale. I won't know for sure for a couple of days though.

Cant promise anything without talking to the "finance dept" but I just mite be interested in your 99:whistling: Let me know if your deal goes thru. Craig

Shoot, I thought every body knew what passing lights was! It's them little orange color blinky lights. My motor cycle drivin rule book says I have to turn 'em on every time I pass some body! :whistling:

That is right ain't it?.......What do you mean no?.......but those are drivin lights, or fog lights!........That don't even make sense!....You can't make 'em blink on one side or the other and besides they're the wrong color! They're supposed to be orange in front........besides, I'd have to just about climb over the handlebars to flip that little switch on the side of the left hand light off and on and off and on all while I'm passing somebody .....why would I even consider doing that?? It's hard enough doing it when it starts getting dark as it is! You know how many times a day I pass people? Well it only gets dark once! La la la la la, I'm not listening to you! You're just trying to confuse me! Look at what on the Yamaha web site?............................................................................................

Ahhhhh........Ummmmm.....aahhh.........yeah, but I still do the orange blinky lights when I pass, right?...................

Never mind!

humor (such as it is) brought to you by autopilot :no-no-no:

It seems he doesn't know what he has. I think that is a Corbin seat - at least the passenger backrest doesn't look stock. And it appears it has a set of slip-ons which might be what he is refering to with the 'custom exhaust' comment. Looks like a nice bike for someone at a pretty reasonable price. Lots of miles left on this one.

RR

And that guy sure using some big words too, like (Lavishly Adorned). too big for my hillbilly a** :rotf:

Words like that almost always indicate a translation issue - as in these ads are using fake pictures and are being written overseas, then translated to English. Run away, run fast!

And 'helping' these guys with their wording and description will only make it more difficult for the inexperienced rider to see through the ad. I say let 'em crash and burn with their own version!

Guest Saddletramp

Isee what you mean. This guy could make a natural disaster sound like a trip to disneyland. Alot of sensationalism for an almost stock venture.:rotf::rotf::rotf: