IGNORED

Forgive me, for I have sinned...

dingy

Went for a demo ride on this today. Sort of drug along with my HD loving family, and the VRod was available when they were riding.

It is the quickest HD I have ever rode, nice handling, but for me, a terrible seating position with way forward controls and handlebars. A little more and it would have been like sitting on floor and bending forward to touch your toes.

I was able to give this some brisk accelerations and it was nice.

Gary

http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af193/gdingy101/IMG_2419sr.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by kic viewpost.gif

4 bows before your 1st gen, a new wash/wax job for the bike, and if it happens again.... You'll be voted out of the elite 1st gen club and demoted to a 2nd gen ! :shock3:

now was that really called for?

Probably not, but it was funny!

Quote:

Originally Posted by kic viewpost.gif

4 bows before your 1st gen, a new wash/wax job for the bike, and if it happens again.... You'll be voted out of the elite 1st gen club and demoted to a 2nd gen ! :shock3:

Probably not, but it was funny!

and you are a 2nd gen owner Bubber!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sorry, I am loyal to my bike and it is loyal to me, its more than a bike.....its my ......um......FRIEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

"it would have been like sitting on floor and bending forward to touch your toes."

How long has it been since you last touched your toes?:stickpoke:

Hell, I wouldn't know them if I saw them !!

Gary

You are right..it is much more of a serious offense.

5 bows before your 1st Gen, a new wash/wax job for the bike, and if it happens again.... you'll be voted out of the elite 1st Gen club and demoted down to a GoldWing ! :rotf:

It's those doggone voices......

Went for a demo ride on this today. Sort of drug along with my HD loving family, and the VRod was available when they were riding.

It is the quickest HD I have ever rode, nice handling, but for me, a terrible seating position with way forward controls and handlebars. A little more and it would have been like sitting on floor and bending forward to touch your toes.

I was able to give this some brisk accelerations and it was nice.

Gary

http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af193/gdingy101/IMG_2419sr.jpg

Not your style stick with the Tweety bird Special.

God told Yamaha to improve the 1st Gen.....so they did.....they made the 2nd Gen! :cool10:

Only improvement was the CD player option, you lost the guages & built in compressor, amongst the other changes. The feet forward postioning, is not for me. :2cents:

I have gone up against a Vrod, with a 1st gen. Now yours Gary, is not a normal 1st gen, but a relatively stock one didn't have a chance. I got beat pretty badly, they are vicious off the line and run up the hp pretty quickly....but what do you expect from a motor that was built by Porsche

:confused24:

Found the Harley Vrod to be OK :detective:, but I found the power provided by the Connie 14, FJR, or the Busa to be more my style. In those comparisons, the Vrod is just too slow.

Course, no need to try and compare it to the current VMAX :whistling: now that... that... that was something else.

For me still, Harleys are nice to look at, and ride on loan. Never, ever to own....

You might look for the "Street Rod" model. Center controls, different spring/shock values, and all around better ergos. One of the locals here has one and he tears up the twisties with ease all the while in a comfortable position.

Just for the record, I would not take one even if it was to be offered as an even up trade for my 29 year old (per title) Venture !!!!

Gary

Just for the record, I would not take one even if it was to be offered as an even up trade for my 29 year old (per title) Venture !!!!

Gary

Okay.. you are now forgiven and welcomed back into the elite 1st Gen club ! :happy65: :happy65: :happy65: