IGNORED

Port Dover Friday 13th July 2012

Trader

I figure I'm going to leave around 6:00 am....that'll get me to Toronto around 8:30-9:00 or so.

Anybody want to hook up and ride to Port Dover?

I lived in Hamilton and Dunnville for over 30 years but never made it to Dover for a Friday 13th! Now I'm almost 5 hours away I'm going to go!

I would have loved to meet you and ride to Port Dover, but have just had a minor surgery in the area that takes all your weight when riding. :sick: May have to take a couple of months off m/c riding.:bang head:

If i am able to drive by then, I will probably take the car. I doubt it though. 4 hrs of sitting on the tush may not be a good idea for now.

Will watch this thread, and if you are meeting any of the guys from Toronto area, i will try and come by to say hi.

Abdul.:thumbsup2:

Surgically removed the TAXMAN out of the Assets! :confused24: :rotf::rotf:

Get well my friend! There will be more Port Dover extravaganzas in the future.

I would have loved to meet you and ride to Port Dover, but have just had a minor surgery in the area that takes all your weight when riding. :sick: May have to take a couple of months off m/c riding.:bang head:

If i am able to drive by then, I will probably take the car. I doubt it though. 4 hrs of sitting on the tush may not be a good idea for now.

Will watch this thread, and if you are meeting any of the guys from Toronto area, i will try and come by to say hi.

Abdul.:thumbsup2:

Okay...'nuff about me. :o You guys are giving me PIA....literally.:yikes:

This thread is about Trader looking for company to ride to PD.

If no one is going from around here, and Trader wants to make a stop for coffee around Scarboro, we can do that too.

Abdul. :beer:

Abdul and I went to the Port Dover event in June and I'm sure this event will be even busier, so be prepared for BIG crowds. Can't join you as I am out of town.

Abdul, sorry to hear your riding is being "curtailed" a bit.

I wasn't planning on going, even Lou's invite for breakfast didn't intrigue me enough, but if it's company you want, it can be arranged. I spent the day with worse people, can't remember when, but then the memory isn't what it used to be,,, have I met you before?

So where and when?

Okay...'nuff about me. :o You guys are giving me PIA....literally.:yikes:

Yah but as long as your okay we can talk about something else. All the best buddy.

Not going to Dover but with the temps it is going to be busy. Maybe I will ride down after work. should still be a few riding around.

Brad

Phantom Wife & I are still planning to go to Dover with another couple from work.Will be pulling trailer for extras and probably parking on side streets where there will be more room and some SHADE which will come in handy I think!

Sorry to hear that a lot of you won`t be able to go!I think it will be EXTREMELY crouded which neither of us really like but will try to make a nice day of it anyways!

Will try to take lots of pictures and post later.Have new program to try and re-size pictures.

I think I am going to meet up with trader and leave from my house.we have been invited to make a stop at my friends place in Windham Centre wich is on the way to Dover for coffee.He has a big farm as i am told.Anyone who rides with us is invited.The more the merrier .:bighug::bighug:

That includes Carl too...

Haven't seen this posted so I'll pass it on just in case. Highway 6 is under construction from Jarvis to Port Dover. They (Port Dover) have said that there will be no construction on Friday, but that doesn't mean the road will be in good shape. If you come down on Hwy 6, turn right (West) on # 3 (Also called Talbot Rd.) in Jarvis to Cockshutt Rd. and turn left on Cockshutt. That will take you into Port Dover the "back way". This also means that you don't have to fight your way through the crowds going up the hill on Main St. to find a parking space. Makes leaving easier too. By the way, Cockshutt changes names a few times as you enter Port Dover ( Silver Lake, Patterson and Chapman). If you want to get further away from the "downtown" area, turn right on St. Patrick or St. Andrew (After crossing the bridge over the river in Port Dover) and follow that for a while then left up to Main Street. Better chance of getting a parking spot up there. The weather is expected to be clear and hot so remember your sunscreen and stay hydrated. The crowd starts to get huge by about 10 or 11 so the earlier you get there, the better. I'm going up with a group from the Goldwing Club and we're leaving from the 2X4 Diner in Wainfleet at 7:00 a.m.

Andy

Haven't seen this posted so I'll pass it on just in case. Highway 6 is under construction from Jarvis to Port Dover. They (Port Dover) have said that there will be no construction on Friday, but that doesn't mean the road will be in good shape. If you come down on Hwy 6, turn right (West) on # 3 (Also called Talbot Rd.) in Jarvis to Cockshutt Rd. and turn left on Cockshutt. That will take you into Port Dover the "back way". This also means that you don't have to fight your way through the crowds going up the hill on Main St. to find a parking space. Makes leaving easier too. By the way, Cockshutt changes names a few times as you enter Port Dover ( Silver Lake, Patterson and Chapman). If you want to get further away from the "downtown" area, turn right on St. Patrick or St. Andrew (After crossing the bridge over the river in Port Dover) and follow that for a while then left up to Main Street. Better chance of getting a parking spot up there. The weather is expected to be clear and hot so remember your sunscreen and stay hydrated. The crowd starts to get huge by about 10 or 11 so the earlier you get there, the better. I'm going up with a group from the Goldwing Club and we're leaving from the 2X4 Diner in Wainfleet at 7:00 a.m.

Andy

The Hwy 6 construction south of Jarvis that Darthandy is referring to was about 4kms of potholed gravel when I drove it (in a pickup truck) on the Canada Day weekend.

Just rode Hyway 6 last night, everything was in perfect shape, no issues or potholes and didn't see any equipment, but then it WAS dark at 10pm.

Man, I wish I had found out about this before this week. I'm only 6 +/- hours away whether I travel through Ontario or New York. And I want to get started on my Canadian map.

Not to mention meet some of the odd individuals I read on here. :sign woo hoo: