IGNORED

just want to brag on my wife.....

painterman67

Just wanted to brag on my wife a little bit if you folks don't mind. June 18th was my b-day and we had to skip it as I was stuck at the hospital when my mom fell. June 13 th was moms and we also had to skip it because mom was sick and close to the hospital then. We were supposed to take mom to the beach (Carolina Beach) in North carolina this weekend but alas that has to be skipped also because again mom is hurting from a fall and is in a rehab/nursing home.

Well here comes the bragging part. Today was her b-day and what does she do. She decides to take the day off and drive her bike round trip to Carolina Beach and get doughnuts from a place called Britts doughnuts. If you ever find your place at Carolina Beach do your self a favor and eat 2 or a dozen or so. This is an 8 hr minimum round trip and she did it with a friend in one day just to surprise me and my mom. All this again on her b-day.

Now I know it was also a lot to do with the ride and being able to be free of all problems for a day , but for me I think shes the best. It made my moms day to be able to eat one of these doughnuts because that was the biggest reason mom wanted to go to the beach.

Ok thanks for reading and have a great day.

David

My wife will come home w/ something for me, pair of pants, a shirt, etc. as if that was her only goal for the day. It's later I discover she got some stuff for herself as well, lol. Was I the afterthought? Doesn't even matter.

Your wife managed a day off on her birthday, spent riding her bike for 8 hours, :dancefool:and still you think it was about you. She is indeed a remarkable woman, lol and you truly are a blessed man. Hope your mom is doing ok.