IGNORED

Foot in mouth .....again.

Trader

There was a thread (I couldn't find it again until after I posted this) where a member claimed a seemingly unbelievable distance travelled in a 24 hour period.

I did some research and I was convinced that the truth was being stretched.

I called him out and basically called him a liar. (I called "BS")

He was good enough to PM me with details and collaborating evidence proving that he certainly did accomplish that amazing ride!

So...once again I find myself apologizing for shooting my mouth off.

Miles, I am very sorry to have insulted you and for publicly casting doubt on your word.

You know....I really am a nice guy! I just seem to hide it well.

Edited by Trader

Trader, thank you for correcting that issue. I am not blameless in this issue. I should never have posted my speeds, times, and distances, as it always seems to rile some feathers.

Let's all go back to talking about Venture/Royal Star stuff.

:bighug:

Had a guy at work take a month off and just ride he wound up with 8K I would love to just take off and ride.

What kind of exersie routine helps for long distance riding? I start to get stiff after 12-14 hours in the saddle.

And on a 2nd Gen!! I'm impressed!!:whistling::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

What was it ya did??

Glad I never open my mouth like that......

But I'm probally the only one that hasn't.....

Don't believe this was done on a Venture (pretty sure it wasn't). Still, pretty impressive.

RR

Had a guy at work take a month off and just ride he wound up with 8K I would love to just take off and ride.

What kind of exersie routine helps for long distance riding? I start to get stiff after 12-14 hours in the saddle.

Mostly core exercises and general fitness. Need strong back and stomach muscles and be in generally good shape. Stretching exercises help also. Diet is part of it since you will not be eating a lot while making these kind of miles. Try to keep your weight down since this puts less pressure on your butt.

The ergonomics of your bike make a big difference also. Custom seat and handlebar position that is perfect for you. Places to move your feet/legs around. Good wind protection to reduce the wind buffeting on your helmet (less neck strain).

RR