Just a post to let anyone who might be interested know I have just two of the black braces left. This isn't a panic emergency notice as I can always put in another order for another 10, but it may take a while, and now that riding season is upon us??? Any rider who hasn't done the mod on their 1st needs to consider it.... :)

Is that black anodized?

I have one of the shiny ones form a long time ago, where those clear anodized or bare aluminum?

Yes it's anodized. I don't remember any of them being shiney black, and there were only a couple of the first batch that were black. But then that was about 200 braces ago. Memory fades when ya get old....'er... :backinmyday:

I'll make sure to get one when I saved up enough. Gotta save money for the fork rebuild kit from BuckEye first. Though. Carmichael Ca huh? Maybe I'll ride up there to pick it up :D

Yep, make for a nice day trip...., but it'd still be cheaper mailing it... We used to live in Visalia....

I put progressive springs and Condor's brace on my MkII.....WOW what a difference!

The handling is so much more sure.

I still have a tendancy to "over ride" from my rocket sled days...but my VR can do a lot more now than it used to!

Keeps the front forks working together instead of slightly independant using the OEM brace.... Bike tracks much better...

The brace on my 83 looks like polished aluminum, is this the OEM brace? My bike feels very unstable in tight corners; also while at highway speeds, it does not track straight. Will the black braces help these concerns?

The brace on my 83 looks like polished aluminum, is this the OEM brace? My bike feels very unstable in tight corners; also while at highway speeds, it does not track straight. Will the black braces help these concerns?

It'll help a lot when riding in the twisties and also when coming to a stop. Generally tracking at high speeds is due to the type of tire yo're runing. The OEM brace is domed on the top and hollow underneath. There are several aftermarket braces and most are flat across the top and solid aluminum. If your's already looks like the brace pictured in the classifieds, then I can't help ya.

Okay... here's my testimonial... I do not have one of Condors... in fact I didn't know I had one and was considering ordering one of his since I know the differnce a good upgraded front fork brace can make. I put one on my KLR650.

Anyway.... I went over to my father's today, which is where my 2 parts bikes are living. As I was taking off some parts, I glanced over to the other bike and realized that it had an upgraded brace on it.

Removed it and brought it home. 5 minutes later it was on my 89. Just got back from a short ride... WOW..what a difference !!!

I can't wait to ride it on some twisties.

Edited by KIC