IGNORED

What are these resistors for? 91 VR

I was adding some acessories and needed to move some wires around near the battery, when this one broke off. The wire comes from the accessory side of the OEM fuse box and goes into what looks like and EOM retangular male/female plug and the single wire is white with a red stripe. The broken piece fell down and I've not been able to get it out yet.

The wire from the Accessory side of the fuse box to the connector was spliced and a couple of what looked like a 2 inline resistors were added. the thin wire that connected the two inline resistor broke.

The added resistor could not be OEM for it was crimped on.

Anyone have any ideas as to why these 2 Resistors were added.

And then maybe I don't need it?

Don't have book handy but has battery phrobe fix been done?

Yup!

That is/was the battery probe fix.

You need to get a new resistor and hook it back up or you will have the stupid red light on the dash yelling at you forever.

Don't crimp the resistor to the wires, solder it and cover the connections and the resistor with more than one layer of shrink tubing.

Should be good to go for another 20 years.

what resistor is it? can i find one at Radio Shack? i got one from earl, but, blew it out. so i need to make another. thx.

Explain the term 'blew it out', that would be very unlikely situation in this circuit to damage a resistor. There is likely only milliamps of current flowing.

What would be damaged by doing it without the resistor is an IC in the CMU. Some where there is a fix for replacing this IC.

Gary

I just made a sensor bypass for a customer. The lead on the sensor also has a resistor and as I recall it was in the 6K ohm range.

I replaced the whole lead and used a 10K resistor. All was well.

So is there a front and a back to a resistor.

Meaning is it important which end goes to the fuse box and the other end, to where ever it goes?

Nope. Put it in whichever direction you fancy.